Posts: 127 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Wales
My N900 just died on my out of the blue. I probably just had the battery run down and die but when I plug it into charge and the N900 won't.

I haven't installed anything new recently. I've just updated programs like Cleven, cuteTube and Busybox since December.

I can get Backup Menu to show but my phone has turned off a few minutes into running it.

If I just switch the phone on. The N900 will go as far as a black screen before the loading dots and Boot video and then switch off.

Plugging the N900 to charge does nothing. I fear the charge port is broken. Yet I have never been forceful with the N900.

Update. As I'm writing this the n900 won't boot at all. Upon closer inspection I think the USB port has come of the board and that the battery has died.

That gives me 2 options. Open it up and solder it back on but I don't have a solder or a small enough Torx screwdriver to get access to the board.

The second option is for me to get another battery and get my music off and buy a new phone. Problem being I don't have a spare battery with charge.

Any ideas? Anyone got a spare battery? :L.

Nokia N900 - Kernel V47 OC'd at 1.15mhz, CSSU, BleedingEdge, 64gb, H-E-N.

Need a ROM for an emulator on the N900? Then send me a message and Thank me in return.

If I help you somehow in a post then please press thanks next to it!

Message me @ Dale_Foster_1099@Hotmail.com
Xbox @ Pyro1099
Last.fm @ Pyro1099
Twitter @ Pyro1099

Posts: 963 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Connecticut, USA
You can charge your battery with a cheap battery charger. The broken USB port is reparable. Mine was repaired for about $70 which my Square Trade warranty took care of.

http://temporaryland.wordpress.com/

Originally Posted by rm42 View Post
You can charge your battery with a cheap battery charger. The broken USB port is reparable. Mine was repaired for about $70 which my Square Trade warranty took care of.
Yeah I thought of that I'll probably be getting this on eBay. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-Battery-...item5645f19639 I can pretty much bet though that the 2 batteries that come with it are not 1320mAh but probably something far far smaller.

Sadly I took of my insurance a year ago since I was paying £15 month for it when I pretty much didn't need it.

Need a ROM for an emulator on the N900? Then send me a message and Thank me in return.

Xbox @ Pyro1099
Last.fm @ Pyro1099
Twitter @ Pyro1099

£15 per month????
FFS mobile phone insurance is a rip-off. I'm paying half that for my home contents insurance and my N900 is covered as well as the rest of my IT gear.

As for your N900 I'd like to think it's just a spanner in the works. Pull that out, when you find it, and you'll be back in Maemoland again.

Originally Posted by stickymick View Post
£15 per month????
FFS mobile phone insurance is a rip-off. I'm paying half that for my home contents insurance and my N900 is covered as well as the rest of my IT gear.

As for your N900 I'd like to think it's just a spanner in the works. Pull that out, when you find it, and you'll be back in Maemoland again.
Yeah your telling me. Yeah sadly I can't find a good spanner remover service in the UK :L. I'm just going to get an external Battery charger from the link above and use that til June/July when my contract runs out and I'll get a new phone then. Only thing is, is that I can't decide what I want. I want a WP but there is **** all good out there. Nokia certainly aren't moving their asses. The Lumia 900 might as well be the 800. No huge difference at all.

The one thing that bugs the hell about the phone is that there is very limited storage on them. The largest capacity I've seen on a WP is 16gb with the HTC Titan. What makes it worse is that none of the phones has a SD slot.

Xbox @ Pyro1099
Last.fm @ Pyro1099
Twitter @ Pyro1099

Just a question, did you try to charge your N900 with the both cables (on your PC and the wall plug)?

Sometimes the charger becomes unrecognized by the phone while the PC connexion still works.

Last edited by iHaveNoNames; 2012-01-23 at 13:06.