Posts: 8 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Ottawa, Canada
I wrote not a week ago to ask if the N900 was going to be supported, and the response was "No plans to support it, but keep checking the site".

And I checked today, on a whim:

http://www.otterbox.com/nokia-cases/...r-series-case/

Going to be picking one of these up for sure. I haven't really liked the shell options for the N900 to date, so here's hoping this one is a slam dunk.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to isolationism For This Useful Post:
I ordered the otterbox a couple days ago, along with the pdair book style case. I'll post pics and a review as soon as they arrive.

Very interested in a review if you have the time!

Posts: 248 | Thanked: 240 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Wiltshire, UK
You may care to read the following:

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=690

The Following User Says Thank You to NokTokDaddy For This Useful Post:
I just got it yesterday, so these are only my initial impressions. It has a good fit, openings everywhere there needs to be openings and rubber doors covering the usb port and earphone port, the case does not interfere with the slide or kickstand. The only downside is the case makes it somewhat hard to dig out the stylus if you have thick fingers. Also looking at the screen protector it seems to not cover the very edges of the screen.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to D'ohboy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 8 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Ottawa, Canada
Originally Posted by NokTokDaddy View Post
You may care to read the following:

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=690
whoops, my bad. Guess the post got buried in a thread as I haven't seen any mention of it.

The Following User Says Thank You to isolationism For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by D'ohboy View Post
The only downside is the case makes it somewhat hard to dig out the stylus if you have thick fingers. Also looking at the screen protector it seems to not cover the very edges of the screen.
Just got mine, the screen protector leaves the tiniest of margins, also I made a mess of putting it on so the edges are a little bubble-icious right now. The rest of the case is great, the rubber plugs for the ports fit well, and overall it feels solid.

I feel a lot more comfortable using the phone without babying it now that it has a suit of armour on. There's no silicone padding for the screen section so it creaks ever so slightly but other than that it feels completely solid.

I'll post pics once i get my DuraSec HiTec screen protector, because right now the screen looks pretty embarassing.

The Following User Says Thank You to SLDeviant For This Useful Post:
Mine arrived today.

Overall impression - very well made. The casing has a harder, less tactile surface than the rubberised qubits case.
The tiny flanges clipping it onto the device look sturdy.

All cutouts and ports are perfectly placed - except, for those who use it, they forgot to include a small hole for the lanyard...easily remedied with a heated darning needle or wire.

The faceplate clips don't seem to interfere with the sliding mechanism at all.

The silicon flap which covers the usb port has me wondering what stresses it will place on the charging plug - it will tend to flip up and exert I imagine some pressure on the micro-usb connector from below. Given that I've babied my usb connectors from day 1 (filed prongs down, always connected charger with microsurgical precision ) I'm considering cutting the flap free with an exacto knife so it can be pulled off when charging. Comments from other otterbox owners welcome.

I have small fingers, but even so the stylus and screen unlock ports are recessed enough to require careful finger(nail) access.

Sorry, no pics - digital camera not working ATM !

Overall, a sturdy, well-made case.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SallyJane For This Useful Post:
Posts: 22 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ New York City -- Brooklyn
yea just got my otterbox and I LOVEEEEEEE It very well made case and i wnet through both of the nokia cases for the n900 and wasnt really happy but now with the otterbox i can have full time the protection. Even the screen protector is pretty nice i got it on bubble free and its hard to tell its even there

Posts: 56 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ leigh-on-sea, UK
Does the screen protector affect the responsiveness of the screen?