Posts: 107 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ India . Mumbai
Android 2.2 Froyo is finally unveiled, 2-5x faster than Eclair....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAZYS...ayer_embedded#!

When i read and saw the video..i was wondering whts happened to Maemo. ....Has it already given up on itself!
The world is racing up withs its competion on beating up the lastest updates for there OS which makes them STRONGER FASTER AND Staying witth the Pace of todays World Of technology!!!

The Love for my N900 Device is fading because of the OS...So much to still happen to make it more loving!

I wonder if My N900 is going to Live up to the World of todays Technology and features like Other Phones and OS enjoy....Or Its Just going to be Cult figure OF being ALMOST FAMOUS ONCE UPON A TIME!!!!

N900 is a beautiful Device and can work wonders With a More Tweek to its OS! But The thirst is getting stronger.....Hope N900 Comes With a Superman Update ..To make it Live like a LEGEND!!!

Well if nokia was confident in maemo then they wouldn't be making meego, would they?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flynx For This Useful Post:
[QUOTE=Flynx;668758]Well if nokia was confident in maemo then they wouldn't be making meego, would they?[/QUOT

ARE you trying to say that...MAEMO was One Big Failure And MEEGO is going to Be a Coverup For it. ...If thats true...

Than i think We all Have become a Bunch of fools.....With a BRICK In our Hand!

Posts: 64 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ irvine,California
i just saw the video... i think its time for Nokia to prove that they are the best..i still got little faith in Nokia ..

[QUOTE=Siddarth;668761]
Originally Posted by Flynx View Post
Than i think We all Have become a Bunch of fools.....With a BRICK In our Hand!
Only until bdogg and dj_steve get android running properly.

PR1.2 will be released within a week, don't believe me.

The Following User Says Thank You to oldnetdog For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by oldnetdog View Post
PR1.2 will be released within a week, don't believe me.
Even Though 1.2 is Released.....Can i USE The Word STRONGER,FASTER.....Unbeliveable!

or 1.2 will just be fixing old leaked pipes!

Posts: 204 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Norway
Well I love the N900 specs, with its dsp, and overclockable cpu, hardware keyboard thats backlit, tucked away not really needed stylus, good enough for me camera, micro usb soon with host ability, video out, 1gig ram (i know about the swap), High res display, wifi, 32gig internal and up to 32gig sd card storage, front facing camera, FM TRANSMITTER!!!, bluetooth 2.1, IR port, telepathy program, and debian based OS.

This is a really really long and juicy list of extremely nice hardware and some of them software, in fact on the hardware side its only the battery and placement of buttons and plugs that i buggs me, heck i run my phone at 850mhz and its stable! I LOVE MY DEVICE on the hardware side!!

But the OS is not what id expect, i mean, i truly feel that its has the nicest IM connectivity with telepathy, best multitasking and best web browser on the market, but its lacking of a lot of features, and has a lot of bugs, AND could be optimized a lot in speed and battery use. But dj_steve is porting android 2.1 now as we speek to the device (okay he might be sleeping or working right NOW but you get the point), and hes stated that he is waiting to get his hands on android 2.2 and start porting that instead (the progress he has made on 2.1 should be easy to put on to 2.2).

dj_steve might just be the person who makes it so that i am okay with the OS on my REALLY AWESOME phone, if only android could get the awesome multitasking, telepathy integration and microb it would make the N900 the most awesome gadget of all time!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Siggen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Siggen View Post
Well I love the N900 specs,
+1

If there was an android phone on the market that could complete with the N900 hardware - I would buy it right now. But there isn't.

N900 isn't really the bleeding edge in regards to either software or hardware.