I have updated my N900 and spent most of the day playing around with it and really like the Video calling and IM for facebook, although I saw the list of fixes and updates, Ive got to admit I was hoping for a bit more,

I thought they may surprise us and added voice for maps/contact, as well as MMS function for the phone. Im happy that the web know has portrait, but in truth I will probably use it mainly in landscape, but in truth I would have loved to see some of the basics updated to use Portrait, contacts, home-screen, IM.

I love the phone and maybe I am being greedy, so I thought I would checkout what other N900 users thought. So generally are you happy or blown away with the update or have you been left wanting?

flash video on webpages is now some what broken

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...451#post682451

Originally Posted by mikemars38 View Post
I thought they may surprise us and added voice for maps/contact, as well as MMS function for the phone.
Nokia has said MMS isn't coming officially to the n900. Using fMMS is the recommended route.

Originally Posted by mikemars38 View Post
Im happy that the web know has portrait, but in truth I will probably use it mainly in landscape, but in truth I would have loved to see some of the basics updated to use Portrait, contacts, home-screen, IM.
Try CTRL+SHIFT+R in any app and it rotates. Maybe, it is an easter egg and a hint at the next update. Just like it was with the browser prior to pr 1.2.

The Following User Says Thank You to nosa101 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by oweng View Post

Is it??? im watching news on bbc.co.uk right now and its playing perfectly!

Originally Posted by oweng View Post

Youtube works like normal for me. I can't verify your iplayer thing because it's not available here.

I hoped that that they make the calendar usable, but they didn't. All the update did, were cosmetic changes only. Nothing useful.

A bit sad there hasn't been any work done on battery life, My phone was dead by the end of yesterday, as usual

I want to see flash improvements and a proper ovi maps with free voice navigation... as well as many more apps from the ovi store, oh and general stability throughout (althou not to bad now).

I wouldn't mind seeing the ability to queue application installs as well, really annoying only being able to do one at a time, even symbian can queue them!

Needs Flash 10.1 and Ovi Maps 3

Originally Posted by Spotfist View Post
A bit sad there hasn't been any work done on battery life, My phone was dead by the end of yesterday, as usual
To help with the battery life, I installed the autodisconnect program. It's a night and day difference for me.