Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by ade View Post
Thomas,
I ran into some indent issues in the code which I had to correct before I could run your version. You didn't experience that yourself?
Ouch, that's embarassing.

The code uses tabs and I used spaces to indent. I added modelines not to have that happen again. I built the package from my svn checkout (where that problem existed for some reason) and not from the new git tree I put on github (where it didn't exist). I made a package quickly to test from the one tree, and then built a final one from the other tree which I didn't test.

I just pushed 0.2.12.3 to my repository.

Can you let me know if it works?

Posts: 1,100 | Thanked: 2,797 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by thomasvs View Post
Ouch, that's embarassing.

The code uses tabs and I used spaces to indent. I added modelines not to have that happen again. I built the package from my svn checkout (where that problem existed for some reason) and not from the new git tree I put on github (where it didn't exist). I made a package quickly to test from the one tree, and then built a final one from the other tree which I didn't test.

I just pushed 0.2.12.3 to my repository.

Can you let me know if it works?
It now starts up without problems, thanks for restoring that.
I can't tell if your initial fix works, because I have not encountered that situation.

But I do have the issue that reminders are not synchronized from google calendar. It is set to zero minutes in advance, while I set to (for example) 55 minutes in advance. It has worked correctly in the past for a while (is not related to your changes).

Does someone has the same issue or a clue what may cause this?

I can't get it working atm. I just click the blue + and enter my gmail account details (without @gmail.com). After that it gives me an error, included as attachment. After that, I can't select any google calendar because there aren't any.
If you need more information, I'd be happy to give it
Attached Files
File Type: txt erminig_trace.txt (7.9 KB, 164 views)

Posts: 74 | Thanked: 142 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Chicago, US
How can I install Erminig-NG? I can't find it in extras-devel or extras-testing.

My fix was only for that particular bug, otherwise the package is the same as before. From your traceback it looks like you had a network error.

Originally Posted by pinsh View Post
How can I install Erminig-NG? I can't find it in extras-devel or extras-testing.
The package name is 'erminig' and you should find it in extras.

My version is in my repository as linked to in a previous post.

Just installed this today and it seems to work quite well. Easy to install and the UI is nice too. Thank you!

I'm posting this just to thank the developer behind this very promising tool.

Looking for a simple google calendar sync solution (who doesn't) and I was testing nuevasync free trial - but it suddently stopped syncing after 2 days for no reason (also the MfE confirguration wizard within maemo may sucks actually.) so that was a no-go.

Then, I discovered this useful application - and I must say it really empowers my n900.

So thank you for this tool.

Reading myself, looks like an ad - but it's not

Last edited by Frank Sumatra; 2011-09-01 at 16:51.

The Following User Says Thank You to Frank Sumatra For This Useful Post:
Posts: 71 | Thanked: 49 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Espoo
I also made some edits to the sync page in an effort to help folks who might be struggling with Erminig (like include a link to the image where the icons have labels).
Pretty solid package (so far, for me at least )

Originally Posted by Jarige View Post
I can't get it working atm. I just click the blue + and enter my gmail account details (without @gmail.com).
did you ever try it WITH the @gmail.com ?
I put that in and it works fine for me (also with a Google Apps Domain account).

The Following User Says Thank You to ymb For This Useful Post:
[QUOTE=ymb;1088225]I also made some edits to the sync page in an effort to help folks who might be struggling with Erminig (like include a link to the image where the icons have labels).
Pretty solid package (so far, for me at least )

Hi ymb,

can you make your changes available through github so I can package them for people?

Thomas

The Following User Says Thank You to thomasvs For This Useful Post:

Tags
erminig, erminig-ng, ernie nig, google calendar, google sync, synchronization