Notices

Posts: 722 | Thanked: 1,223 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by borland View Post
Does it have route recalculating?
There isn't a button on the main screen for it and it does not auto-recalculate but on the directions window there is a recalculate button.

My maemo work:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Harmattan:
GeePS - native UI around google maps - GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps".
Shutdown - shutdown and reboot with one click - QuickCall - one click call, skypeout and google voice integration using dial tones.
WakeOnLan - wake computers on your local network.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Maemo/N900:
GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps". - MobWebMail: browser optimized to access multiple gmail accounts
MyContacts: 75 Contacts on your desktop, ring tones per group and more - GeePS: native front-end for google maps
Macuco2 : web browser to access web sites optimized for the iphone - WakeOnLan: wake up computers on your local network
dbBrowser: Simple application to browse sqlite databases

The Following User Says Thank You to fcrochik For This Useful Post:
thanks so much for this app! finally have a decent google maps viewer =)

Is it possible to use offline with preloaded maps or something?. Coz, i dont have a data plan.

Originally Posted by rosh View Post
Is it possible to use offline with preloaded maps or something?. Coz, i dont have a data plan.
Not yet and probably not ever as long GeePS uses google maps

My maemo work:
For Harmattan:
GeePS - native UI around google maps - GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps".
Shutdown - shutdown and reboot with one click - QuickCall - one click call, skypeout and google voice integration using dial tones.
For Maemo/N900:
GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps". - MobWebMail: browser optimized to access multiple gmail accounts
MyContacts: 75 Contacts on your desktop, ring tones per group and more - GeePS: native front-end for google maps
Macuco2 : web browser to access web sites optimized for the iphone - WakeOnLan: wake up computers on your local network

The Following User Says Thank You to fcrochik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 190 | Thanked: 206 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Accra,Ghana
just wanted to thank u so much for this app. A friend of mine showed me google maps on his iphone3 n i was so jealous dat iv been looking for a good maps for this phone. it was embarassing sice iv been insisting dat N900 was much better.

I live in Ghana, West Africa n dis app is perfect for driving round the country!!

lol, nokia maps = obsolete.

your apps are rocking my face off crochik!

Still loveing Geeps.

Is there any chance it will get a performance revision? At 1Ghz it does stress the phone out a lot, panning around the maps especially. Maybe using openGL ES for tile rendering?

The initial load time craps all over Ovi Maps though.

Originally Posted by jaimex2 View Post
Still loveing Geeps.

Is there any chance it will get a performance revision? At 1Ghz it does stress the phone out a lot, panning around the maps especially. Maybe using openGL ES for tile rendering?

The initial load time craps all over Ovi Maps though.
GeePS uses a WebKit browser to access google maps so there isn't any room for improving the rendering on the application.

With every new version of the Qt WebKit we see some performance improvements. Also anything google does to improve how google maps works will benefit GeePS.

We have several other programs on the n900 that do render the tiles by themselves.

I see several opportunities for GeePS to evolve. One of them is caching the tiles and rendering itself. Another one that I want to explore is using the new Qt Mobility (ovi maps). I haven't had a chance to explore them so no decision has been made.

My maemo work:
For Harmattan:
For Maemo/N900:

Hi, I was wondering if Google Maps Public Transit information is going to be added to this application in the future? As a transit user, that's pretty much what I miss the most from google maps.

Originally Posted by LagunaCid View Post
Hi, I was wondering if Google Maps Public Transit information is going to be added to this application in the future? As a transit user, that's pretty much what I miss the most from google maps.
You will find more information about this in previous posts but, in summary, probably not because google said is not going to make it available to 3rd parties due to licensing.

My maemo work:
For Harmattan:
For Maemo/N900: