Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Hi there,

I'm wondering whether default Harmattan applications such as Dialer, Contacts, Conversations, etc., can be launched from terminal. I guess so, but I have no idea of the command-lines and I found nothing on the Internet. I tried dialer, dial, meego-dialer and other things but nothing worked and I'm sure somebody here knows, so I just stopped blind trials.

It could be useful for launching these apps from other apps or scripts.

Thanks in advance.

P.S.
By the way, I'm looking for the command-line for MeeFastDial too.

Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 1,916 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Edmonton, AB
find the .desktop files, they should tell you the commands

The Following User Says Thank You to Creamy Goodness For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
You're right, thanks, I should have thought to that before.

Ok, i don't wana open threads about similar question, so i guess here is good place to ask about the info?
I know how to enter commands on microsoft dos properly...but was thinking that on linux should be similar, but it turn out it isn't the same, and i don't know where to get them..i mean the explanation of command line interface on meego terminal...i enter the word 'help' on terminal, but i get no much info about that at all, so anyone have any info about that?

Posts: 298 | Thanked: 341 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ This world :)
Originally Posted by An9 View Post
Ok, i don't wana open threads about similar question, so i guess here is good place to ask about the info?
I know how to enter commands on microsoft dos properly...but was thinking that on linux should be similar, but it turn out it isn't the same, and i don't know where to get them..i mean the explanation of command line interface on meego terminal...i enter the word 'help' on terminal, but i get no much info about that at all, so anyone have any info about that?
Try
Code:
command -h

or

command --help

Posts: 889 | Thanked: 2,087 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Manchester
Originally Posted by An9 View Post
Another option is to Google for the manual page by searching for the terms man and <command name>. On a normal linux system entering man <command name> gives you it's manual page in the terminal, but (at least on the n900) these weren't included in this 'optimized' environment.

If you're looking for more general Linux help there are some good threads here at tmo. A search for Linux books threw up these links:

X Terminal Commands for Noobs
[Beginners-Intermediates] Need Linux Info? Free Books here