[QUOTE=UKAndy;676339]Some guidance very much appreciated...

I'm in the uk. I checked the OTA update for PR1.2 and it pops up in menu list. Great, i thought, but when i try to do the OTA update it tells me i need to update via PC and Nokia Updater. I thought ok, no problem, but when i connect to PC and try NSU, the PC tells me i have the latest firmware update... I clearly don't.

I'm rapidly losing confidence in Nokia. Why is everything so long winded!

Any ideas?

Many thanks[/QU OTE]

this question must have been asked like 100 times on this thread so far. If your being directed to NSU its because you dont have enough spaced in rootfs, in app manager deactivate everything except nokia software updates and uninstall any apps you dont need, you will need around 58mb of rootfs for OTA update, if you cant get that much then pr1.2 will be on NSU tomorrow or you can use the flasher 3.5 tool today, however remember to backup as only OTA will preserve your apps. Happy updating guys

It is available in the U.S.

PLEASE HELP!!!!

My NSU crash when trying to recognize N900, so i want to try updating with maemo flasher, I know there is a wiki but i'm at job and websense don't let me open the URL, can anybody post the instructions please?

Posts: 45 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Washington, DC
Used the Flasher and the US 1.2 image from tablets-dev.nokia.com. Worked just fine.

Posts: 48 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Castle Rock, CO. USA
SWEET JEEZUZ!!!

I just soiled my armor

Posts: 282 | Thanked: 337 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Austin, TX, USA
At first I planned to wait for OTA, but then I did the math and figured I would do it at 1am and stay up half the night fiddling around. So I downloaded and flashed (via Ubuntu 64-bit) and found it to be both painless and quick. All my photos and contacts were intact, but all apps and desktop configurations were wiped out. And I had to re-enter my Exchange server settings and resync.

That gave me a chance to winnow my apps a bit, but I know I am going to find something I missed. Most apps (including extras for conversations) picked up my old settings (which are stored in the home directory, which doesn't get wiped).

Impressions:
Inbox widget is nice. N900 found my Windows 7 pc on the network in media player. Meeting requests can be answered (hooray!). I can't find the Facebook sharing or the facebook widget (I use it to share photos to facebook, but I don't really love the widget). App Manager seems much snappier, and doesn't bring the whole device to a grinding halt (though I haven't added extras-dev yet).

The Following User Says Thank You to rmerren For This Useful Post:
Posts: 203 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ California, United States
Yeah man this is great. Right when it gets released I'm gonna reflash my phone to factory default so this baby can be installed brand new and clean!

I thought this thread would've gotten a little more attention....haha

Last edited by Bondage Monkey; 2010-05-25 at 16:57.

Posts: 675 | Thanked: 923 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by Mr_Ryde View Post
You can. I just checked and it works like a charm. Just like everything else that has been changed in this update.

It seems clear that there are some issues with OTA downloads etc and that not everyone is able to receive them.

For god's sake people - It seems very likely that the nokia updater will be working from tomorrow. Stop winging on about how it isn't working today. As far as I can tell there was no official announcement that you would be able to use it today so there you go.

The word was it would be available this week. It has apparently been released for some customers in the UK and it has been added to the list of software for the N900 it it's various forms (Global, Indian etc etc)

If you are not able to update your phone OTA or via the Updater then you will have to wait one or two more days in order to do. The way people go from singing Nokia's praises to mindlessly berating them is mind blowing.

So either get the knowledge and the nuts up to flash the Global version and be bloody patient with it, or shut up and wait. You have waited long enough so two more days isn't going to kill you.

If you have broken your USB port or screwed your phone by balling up a needless eMMC flash it is your fault and no one else's. Especially not Nokia's or anyone on this site.
THIS. I couldn't agree more.
* D4rKlar on DeviantART * Maemo5 on DeviantART *
_
* M4riNa D4rK Theme and Iconset *
_

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to D4rKlar For This Useful Post:
Posts: 61 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Helsinki
FOLLOWED THESE EXACT INSTRUCTIONS THIS MORNING AND HAD 100% SUCCESS. Remember to run BACKUP on your phone first as you will need it after you reboot with the new software.

Following instructions from here: http://wiki.maemo.org/Updating_the_f...ndows_7_32-bit

Flashing using the command line

In order to flash directly from the XP/Vista/Windows 7 command line, follow these steps:

1. Download and install the latest version of Flasher e.g. maemo_flasher-3.5_2.5.2.2.exe
2. Download the latest firmware (.bin) file and save it to %ProgramFiles%\maemo\flasher-3.5\ (the default installation path for Flasher) or to the custom path of your choice.
3. Ensure the battery is at least half full.
4. Unplug charger cable and switch off the device.
5. Open the Command Prompt (Start then Run or Windows Logo key + R) and type cmd then press Enter.
6. Change the directory to the Flasher's path (TIP: Use the TAB key to auto-complete the commands and file-names)

cd "%ProgramFiles%\maemo\flasher-3.5"

7. Hold the u key on the device keyboard and connect the USB cable at the same time (see the Flasher documentation)
8. Run the following command:

flasher-3.5.exe -F RX-51_2009SE_2.2009.51-1_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin -f -R

Replace RX-51_2009SE_2.2009.51-1_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin with the firmware you wish to update (The name of the firmware image file you downloaded in the beginning).

The update will take approximately 4 minutes after which the N900 will reboot and display the Welcome Screen with Regional settings.

Last edited by Mr_Ryde; 2010-05-25 at 16:51.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mr_Ryde For This Useful Post:
Hmm awesome, ill flash straight to 1.2 then, stuff the NSU, can i also flash the emmc the same way i have firmware?

And also do iflash emmc after or before maemo firmware flash?