Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
@luketanti:
after connecting your drive, open xterm and report the output of the command "cat /proc/partitions".
This enlists the partitions that you could mount.

The Following User Says Thank You to debernardis For This Useful Post:
Posts: 133 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Balzan Malta
And how do I mount these? I have connected an 8GB flash drive. Is it this one "major 8 minor 0 blocks 7865855 name sda"
With the mount button in gui it does nothing

Successfully mounted a 1TB hard drive and watched a 1.0GB film. Awesome work.

The Following User Says Thank You to Reffyyyy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
@Luketanti
When you are in root xterm:
Code:
mkdir -p /media/sda
mount /dev/sda /media/sda
And you get your partition mounted in /media/sda; it should be available in file managers as well.

When you're done:
Code:
sync
umount /media/sda
If xterm says the partition is busy, close all windows and applications that use it, then retry until the command exits with no error, before you close h-e-n and disconnect your usb drive.

Last edited by debernardis; 2010-11-13 at 12:08.

The Following User Says Thank You to debernardis For This Useful Post:
Can anyone wrtie all the steps needed to connect a usb mouse all please. i tried everything as in the youtube but its not working at all the mouse light turns on but no movement.

Regards
Farooq

Last edited by Farooq; 2010-11-13 at 13:08.

Posts: 552 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Not decided
Originally Posted by Farooq View Post
Can anyone wrtie all the steps needed to connect a usb mouse all please. i tried everything as in the youtube but its not working at all the mouse light turns on but no movement.

Regards
Farooq
Did you install bluetooth hid scripts?

Regards
Farooq
install bluetooth hid scripts from appman. then connect ur mouse in lowspeed mode and enumerate. go to xterm and type

"showmouse" and ull see a cursor. Thats abt it. after u disconnect, go to xterma and type "hidemouse"

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lifenexus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by lifenexus View Post
install bluetooth hid scripts from appman. then connect ur mouse in lowspeed mode and enumerate. go to xterm and type

"showmouse" and ull see a cursor. Thats abt it. after u disconnect, go to xterma and type "hidemouse"
i did that by hitting the mouse cursor button after installing the BT HID script and then use the hen but its not working is there anything else to b typed in xtermnal

Originally Posted by anapospastos View Post
Did you install bluetooth hid scripts?
yeah i did the mouse light turns on but no movement

i did that by hitting the mouse cursor button after installing the BT HID script and then use the hen but its not working is there anything else to b typed in xtermnal
ok try this. reboot after installing hid scripts. connect ur mouse then start hen. select low speed mode and enumerate. wait for some time and go to the menu> kernel messages and scroll down and see if you can find ur mouse make and model being detected. if it is then u should be able to use it right away.
i tried a microsoft mouse and my wireless keyboard and mouse. i could use both together

Tags
bada rox, detection, h-e-n, hostmode, speed, usb host