Active Topics

Is there any quick screen lock app or script i can use on desktop? current process has to many clicks for one hand/quick use

Posts: 322 | Thanked: 305 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Espoo, Finland
press the power button twice

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bbin For This Useful Post:
a ha! thanks you wouldn't know if there is a shortcut to unlock screen without slide would you?

Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
Originally Posted by asidana View Post
a ha! thanks you wouldn't know if there is a shortcut to unlock screen without slide would you?

Hehe probably a request for someone to make a quick app, doesnt sound very taxing?
But as far as i'm aware the current options are
  • Let the device time out
  • Double tap the power button
  • Slide the lock slider -i likie that one!
  • Ask a developer very very nicely if they will make you the desktop widget for xmas
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

Posts: 516 | Thanked: 643 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Denmark/Poland
Just for record, blocking the device (keyboard and device) from an app is not a problem. But the current ways to do that should be sufficient for everyone I think

Useful links for newcomers:
Użyteczne linki:
Nowi użyktownicy mówią cześć | New members say hello , Tu zaczynają nowi użytkownicy | New users start here, Podforum społeczności | Community subforum, Wiki dla początkujących | Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 101, Często zadawane pytania | Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ), Google

Jeżeli mogę w czymś pomóc, pytaj!
If I can help with anything else, just ask!

Bored? Follow me

Posts: 486 | Thanked: 154 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ New York City
Also, is there a way to put widgets on the lock screen? Would be major useful? Is the lock screen code open source or is it closed source?

Posts: 87 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by asidana View Post
Maybe a dumb question, but why don't you just use the lock-button on the right side of the device? While the screen is activated, the lock-button switches it off and locks it. Unlocking again with that button turns it back on and brings you right to the desktop - without any slider. IMO the best slide/unlock mechanic I ever used on a device.

Now if the slide2unlock screen would just show some more information like upcomming tasks, etc.

The Following User Says Thank You to Taigatrommel For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Taigatrommel View Post
Maybe a dumb question, but why don't you just use the lock-button on the right side of the device? While the screen is activated, the lock-button switches it off and locks it. Unlocking again with that button turns it back on and brings you right to the desktop - without any slider. IMO the best slide/unlock mechanic I ever used on a device.

Now if the slide2unlock screen would just show some more information like upcomming tasks, etc.
thats what i used to on windows mobile

I don't understand all the request for a screen lock app. Why are people so lazy that they can't even use a switch which is already there for specific reason

The Following User Says Thank You to ajamils For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
I find the 'flick-lock' slide on the end of the device pretty handy. Prior to finding that, I was having problems with locking/unlocking. Definitely for one-handed stuff.