Hi guys,

I just recently re-bought myself an N9. Last time I used one was back when they were still on PR1.1. Maybe it's because between then and now I've used several dual core phones with extremely high performance levels, but I feel like the N9 is barely responsive to my touches. Whenever I swipe, the screen takes a little while to animate. The keyboard also falls behind when I type. Sometimes I have to stop and watch the key pop ups catch up to me.

I've just restored my phone and it's completely clean. I love this phone, I want to use it as my primary phone but at the way it is now, this phone is basically in beta and nothing works well enough to use when I'm running around campus.

What would you guys recommend in terms of tweaks/mods to speed things up or just plain make things better?

Faster N9 does a great job in reducing the lag and makes your phone buttery smooth

The Following User Says Thank You to TheN9er For This Useful Post:
I found that my N9 pr1.3 much more responsive than sg note...

Originally Posted by Shensmobile View Post
Hi guys,

I just recently re-bought myself an N9. Last time I used one was back when they were still on PR1.1. Maybe it's because between then and now I've used several dual core phones with extremely high performance levels, but I feel like the N9 is barely responsive to my touches. Whenever I swipe, the screen takes a little while to animate. The keyboard also falls behind when I type. Sometimes I have to stop and watch the key pop ups catch up to me.

I've just restored my phone and it's completely clean. I love this phone, I want to use it as my primary phone but at the way it is now, this phone is basically in beta and nothing works well enough to use when I'm running around campus.

What would you guys recommend in terms of tweaks/mods to speed things up or just plain make things better?
did you buy it new or 2nd hand?

Originally Posted by TheN9er View Post
Faster N9 does a great job in reducing the lag and makes your phone buttery smooth
This is the faster, darker, better theme? If so, I had that installed on my last N9 and it was quite good.

I found that my N9 pr1.3 much more responsive than sg note...
I traded my Note for this, and my GNexus is also much, much faster. Although the N9 is fine when just scrolling around, when you start stressing it, it really isn't useful. Once I start swiping to multitask from the browser to answer a text, and then swipe to check an email, then swipe back to my browser, it frustrates me to no end.

did you buy it new or 2nd hand?
2nd hand.

I want to try the overclocking kernel but I have some reserves about it. Would pushing the core to 1.4 GHz make it any better?

Posts: 426 | Thanked: 374 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Middle East
No, FasterN9 is an app which speeds up the N9 by changing some system priorities and your phone will always be responsive.

see here: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=83940

also, search for an app on this forum called "N9QuickTweak".. Read the PDF instruction with it.. And you can make your N9 more smooth and customize it better.

Portfolio: AKstudios : : graphics with attitude.
Flickr: AKstudios
Twitter: @flopjoke

overclocking would help, but it degrades battery life to an extent. Also, it's a hit and miss.. If you mess up, you're stuck with a dead phone. Try FasterN9 first, then check overclocking later if you're still not satisfied

Originally Posted by flopjoke View Post
No, FasterN9 is an app which speeds up the N9 by changing some system priorities and your phone will always be responsive.

see here: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=83940

also, search for an app on this forum called "N9QuickTweak".. Read the PDF instruction with it.. And you can make your N9 more smooth and customize it better.
Thank you. I will try the app.

I used N9 Quick Tweak before I formatted. I was experiencing 4-5 phone crashes each day and pretty much every app would freeze and crash. I only installed the first 2, the transitions mod and the smart search mod. Would you recommend a certain combination to get best performance?

Edit: Also, what's the best way to get rid of some of the bloatware apps on the phone? There's some stuff I just don't want.

Last edited by Shensmobile; 2012-10-01 at 07:25.

Check some combinations people reported which works good for them: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=83940&page=84

use quicktweak to hide the unwanted apps from homescreen. I wouldn't suggest removing them, unless they're games.

Originally Posted by flopjoke View Post
Check some combinations people reported which works good for them: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=83940&page=84

use quicktweak to hide the unwanted apps from homescreen. I wouldn't suggest removing them, unless they're games.
Alright thank you! I'm not expecting the n9 to have quad core gaming performance. All I use my phone for is checking email, texts, browsing, and maps. Unfortunately maps doesn't have any transit or POI's in my area but I can try to live without it, but if I can't do the rest efficiently or quickly then I'll have to get a new phone.