Notices

Posts: 103 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Chicago
I did not see any mention of the Dorian ebook reader here, so starting a new thread.

Maciej Jablonski has a review of this new ebook reader for the N900 over at the Nokia N900 Blog. Has says the application is promising, but in early development.

The Dorian project page can be found here.

I love FBReader (use it every day) for reading ebooks, but I am happy to see that there are alternatives. Worth checking out.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dunsurfin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
I've tried it and it's nice. It should add autorotation, accellerometer-controlled.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Dorian is nice but it needs

Turning pages easier, like with the volume rocker;

The ability to mark selected text so it can be pasted elsewhere;

Support for other formats than ePub, such as simple .txt and .rtf.

Both it and Fbreader could use a sort of auto-Google -- you highlight a word or phrase and select Google somewhere, which invokes a browser that Googles it.

Has anyone but me used www.goosh.org? It gives you a nice minimal list of Google results that could be integrated with readers, I would think.

Posts: 12 | Thanked: 31 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Copenhagen, Denmark
Hi, I'm the author of Dorian, great to see this thread popping up. My goal with the app is simple: to create a finger-friendly e-book reader for Maemo.

Feel free to add your ideas to the tracker.

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to pipacs For This Useful Post:
Pipacs - thanks for a great app and for fixing my bug reports so quickly

Originally Posted by zombiepig View Post
Pipacs - thanks for a great app and for fixing my bug reports so quickly
Same here! I am very much enjoying the rapid evolution of this ereader.

This really is a wonderful application for reading e-books ... The only thing i couldn't figure out is how can one get out of the fullscreen mode ... could anyone help me out on that ?

Last edited by vmayur_23; 2010-08-15 at 11:03.

Posts: 195 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Switzerland
my wish is that somebody can make a reader which can read the specially ebooks ( ebooks readable with adobe free tool.) I've buyed an ebook in a store but can only read on a notebook / pc with this adobe tool . Sorry I can't remember the name. for me it will be very nice to implement this file type as well in dorian !

Ok, I am reasonably sure this is a problem that currently exists with my device as it was working before I reflashed. Not sure why a freshly flashed phone would have problems all of a sudden though but several apps crash.

Upon launch crashes straight to desktop.
Any idea where I could find a logfile with some useful information?

Can already see one advantage over fbreader - it has a true portrait mode, with the panel moved to the top, rather than a portrait book view in overall landscape mode. If you don't want to fullscreen (I like having the clock visible at all times) Dorian's way gives you more horizontal space.