Active Topics

Notices

OK. So after a lot of flashing and re-flashing with various different versions of firmware I sent the N900 back to Nokia. It had dodgy memory. They replaced the N900 and sent it back to me. All is good, works like a total dream!

Hi Guys, can anyone give me help in setting fmms for UAE. Complete guide will be appreciated. thanks. Im new to this device.

SORRY bout the previous info ! the commands are :

first :
flasher-3.5.exe -F RX-51_2009SE_10.2010.19-1_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin -f

and , without reboot or unplug the phone :

flasher-3.5.exe -F RX-51_2009SE_10.2010.13-2.VANILLA_PR_EMMC_MR0_ARM.bin -f -R

reason that confused me was that i had to use 2 different *.bin ....

Hell yeah , i was wrong , but i figgered out right now , after 1 day of hard trying reflash my n900 . good luck

Last edited by crovte; 2010-08-09 at 18:48.

Looks like i am now getting this error [IM & SMS]Unable to send/recieve messages. It says Device Storage Full after a clean install of emmc and flash.

Is there a fix for this ? + now it wont even read my backups

any help please

Are you sure that you have executed the EVERY step correcly when you did the format ? this can't be possible with a fresh format/install.Or perhaps you have the memory card full? Retry format...

i have formated the n900 server times before in the past as i use devel repos so i no it was done correctly.

I have now uninstalled so apps and am just waiting to see if this occours again .

I'm thinking that the reason of your problems may be the restore from previous back-ups.try clean install and install just a few apps that you really need.I've done the same thing , and my "baby" did't "cry" anymore.

There were no backups restored as it would not recognize the prevous backup so no apps were currently installed at the time this started to occour.

Reformated the device last night and now have a bigger problem Now my N9000 (yes shes the super version haha) will not save any messages .

I am now convinced that there is a problem with my device images im flashing with as it was downloaded when the pr1.3 was first rolled out.

Going to give it another shot tonight with new eMMc and New pr1.3 and see where i go from there.

Posts: 2,102 | Thanked: 1,937 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
Originally Posted by mistman View Post
There were no backups restored as it would not recognize the prevous backup so no apps were currently installed at the time this started to occour.

Reformated the device last night and now have a bigger problem Now my N9000 (yes shes the super version haha) will not save any messages .

I am now convinced that there is a problem with my device images im flashing with as it was downloaded when the pr1.3 was first rolled out.

Going to give it another shot tonight with new eMMc and New pr1.3 and see where i go from there.
Please check the md5sums of the images against the list on the download page to be sure that the download succeeded. There are applications for each pc-platform that could perform the check and there is the md5sum command in linux.

Thanks

he images i am currently using were fine the first time i used them but the have been sat in a backup on external drive for past few month since used them again a few days ago.

So i am under the conclusion the the files may have become corrupted when the drive has been defraged as this has been done recently as had no problem with the files first time round.

Thanks for all your help will let you no the outcome after tonight