Originally Posted by wpwrak View Post
PayPal has responded numerous times when asked by our supporters about specific transactions that these transactions were not affected by the reserve.

So without PayPal telling us exactly which transaction are in the reserve, we would not learn anything useful by such an experiment.

- Werner
That, is probably due to that every single transaction can be reversed.
The reserve, is not tied to specific transactions. But held as a deposit in case.....

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nieldk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by wpwrak View Post
PayPal has responded numerous times when asked by our supporters about specific transactions that these transactions were not affected by the reserve.
It may also be that PayPal's idea of a "successful transaction" may be different from yours or mine. The PayPal's answers I read that people posted here generally lacked any specifics and, it saddens me to say, so did the people's questions. It is quite possible that as far as PayPal is concerned, transaction X was successful even if the intended recipient has never received the money. You need to ask very specifically and insist on a very specific answer.

Unfortunately I cannot assist as my last payment to Neo900 was before the affected period.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
The behavior is quite normal. All aquierers have a similar risk evaluation.
They will either

1) Require up-front deposit
2) hold back transaction payments (to the shop) for a given period
3) both of the above

Even if shop closes. The withheld amount will be withheld for a given time.
This is because fraud might be reported for a long time after initial transaction.
Its simply to cover their own asses.
PP, Amazon, Apple and others are their own aquirers, simply because no card aquirer will agree on the risk of their 'one click' solutions.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nieldk For This Useful Post:
Hello guys.

I sent the recommended letter to PayPal's support, they kinda ignored it (I just received a suggestion to leave feedback about their support - guess what I wrote there). So I called them directly by phone.

After ~10 minutes of investigating, the lady on the other end of the wire told me that PayPal is aware of the problem with "pre-sale vs. crowdfunding" and is working with Neo900 UG to resolve it. And since this problem has nothing to do with my account in particular, they can't tell me much more than that.

It would be cool if @jOERG or @wpwrak could either confirm or dispel this.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ScumCoder For This Useful Post:
Posts: 79 | Thanked: 719 times | Joined on May 2014 @ Buenos Aires, Argentina
Originally Posted by ScumCoder View Post
So I called them directly by phone.
Thanks a lot ! The good old phone still seem to be the most effective way to get at least somewhat meaningful reactions.

It would be cool if @jOERG or @wpwrak could either confirm or dispel this.
The latest mails Joerg sent to PayPal were Cc:'ed to a neo900.org list, so if PayPal do a "group" response to these mails I would see this. So far, I have not received any such response.

If PayPal sent a reply or any other communication to Joerg directly, we may not find out about that until he's back from vacations to check his mail.

- Werner

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wpwrak For This Useful Post:
Dear ****,
My name is Bien from PayPal Customer Support.

Thank you for contacting us about the payments you sent to Neo900 UG. In my desire to assist you, I wanted to call you on your phone number (****) however I have received your inquiry at 4:27 AM and it’s still outside professional calling hours. Nevertheless, it's my pleasure assisting you through this email.

I have reviewed your PayPal account and I can confirm that the payments you sent to Neo900 UG on Jan 18, 2015 and May 23, 2015 were already released few months ago. Therefore, if they are experiencing PayPal Reserve now, it will surely not include old transactions such as yours. With your transaction being older than 6 months, I can assure you that they have received the money already, and there's a possibility that they may have already used or spent the money within that 6 months.

Kindly advise your merchant to contact PayPal so that we can help them out with their confusions about which transactions were being held or reserved.

Please let me know if you need further clarification about your PayPal account. Rest assured that I will do my very best to give you immediate answers. Thank you for choosing PayPal. We value your business.

Sincerely,
Bien
PayPal
I'm a bit confused, should I keep pushing PayPal?

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to nadrimajstor For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nadrimajstor View Post
With your transaction being older than 6 months, I can assure you [...]
This is interesting. Whether such a six months period would apply was one of our questions to PayPal. If this is the case, it would solve most of the problem.

Unfortunately, we will have to wait for Joerg's return from vacation (in two weeks) before we can see if anything has changed on the PayPal account of Neo900 UG.

But this is encouraging news, and the most explicit statement we have obtained on that issue so far. Thanks a lot !

- Werner

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to wpwrak For This Useful Post:
Posts: 562 | Thanked: 1,732 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ NYC
I'm just learning about this and it infuriating. I really don't like using paypal, but sadly it the easiest and cheapest way for me sometime.

Perhaps this is incentive to set up a bitcoin account to by pass this mess. Of course not everyone has or uses bitcoin, but I'm sure there are service that will pass the transaction from CC to bitcoin for a tiny fee and no holding onto money.

One Neo900.org get the bit coin you can transfer it to a bank account or something too protect it's value or leave some in bitcoin and see if it grows. It's on the up tick right now.

ex:
https://www.coinjar.com
http://coinsfer.com
http://cointelegraph.com/news/114326...ound-the-world

I don't know how I will be paying now sadly.

x

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to xman For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by xman View Post
I don't know how I will be paying now sadly.
TransferWise should be an option.

Bitcoins are tricky. A few people have offered to evaluate the services and to set this up for us, but nothing every came out of it. So this still sits on the "to do" list.

- Werner

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to wpwrak For This Useful Post:
A quick progress update on the PayPal situation: Joerg safely returned from vacaion tonight and began to worm his way through the mail that has piled up. He says he'll need a couple of days before he's really back, but he already found a communication from his lawyer with a letter from PayPal, answering the mail he sent before the vacations.

In their reply, PayPal seem to confirm the 180 days interpretation, i.e., that funds will be released from the reserve 180 days after arriving.

I write "seem" because they have not acted on it yet, i.e., the PayPal account still looks the same as before, with a reserve of 37 kEUR instead of only the roughly 10 kEUR we have received through PayPal in the last six months.

To be continued ...

- Werner

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to wpwrak For This Useful Post:

Tags
neo900, webshop