Notices

Posts: 94 | Thanked: 209 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by nokiabot View Post
why is it so? i mean maintener not intrested or what ?

i
When i made the adjustments for the new dropbox api i tried to contact the original author jonnenau, but he didn't respond.

Here's a link to the last post from jonnenau in this thread. He doesn't want to maintain it anymore.

I tried to become the maintainer for dropn900. When i asked in #maemo how this works, i was told that the original maintainer has to agree to a request on transfering maintainer from maemo.
Either no maemo "official" has contacted jonnenau or he didn't respond.

So the original author is not interested and i can't maintain it, because i don't have permission or whatever you want to call it.

The Following User Says Thank You to Marshall Banana For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
^^food for though for the board or tasks wiki ??

Originally Posted by Marshall Banana View Post
So the original author is not interested and i can't maintain it, because i don't have permission or whatever you want to call it.
What about a fork?
You can open a new thread application name such as DropN900-banana and add the first author in the credits.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ilmanowar For This Useful Post:
Posts: 569 | Thanked: 462 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ USA
That's what I was thinking. You could name it maedropbox or whatever & upload it. Or Drop900, leaving the N out.

Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Originally Posted by Marshall Banana View Post
I tried to become the maintainer for dropn900. When i asked in #maemo how this works, i was told that the original maintainer has to agree to a request on transfering maintainer from maemo.

When did you ask?
As I became maintainer happy easily by just pushing one button on the package site (in a few hours/days) a few months ago. (just make sure you are loggeng in )

So please try again if you are still interested to support Maemo!
TIA

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 94 | Thanked: 209 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
When did you ask?
As I became maintainer happy easily by just pushing one button on the package site (in a few hours/days) a few months ago. (just make sure you are loggeng in )

So please try again if you are still interested to support Maemo!
TIA
I think i pressed that button, i'll check.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Marshall Banana For This Useful Post:
Posts: 10 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Damascus, Syria
Hello. I am the author of Droper, I noticed that it's mentioned in this thread, has anyone tried to compile it for N900? I'm curious about whether it would work without modifications

cheers

The Following User Says Thank You to Lawand For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,100 | Thanked: 2,797 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by Lawand View Post
Hello. I am the author of Droper, I noticed that it's mentioned in this thread, has anyone tried to compile it for N900? I'm curious about whether it would work without modifications

cheers
I did port it to the N900 about a year ago.

It works without modifications, but I did make changes in font and icon sizes to make it better fit the N900.
And it is missing the specific Maemo back buttons, you have to go back to a previous screen via the dropdown menu (or use the arrow button on the bottom of the screen if you are in a folder screen). The app is also portrait oriented only, like the Symbian version.
Attached Images

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ade For This Useful Post:
Posts: 207 | Thanked: 967 times | Joined on Apr 2014 @ Madrid, Spain
Originally Posted by ade View Post
I did port it to the N900 about a year ago.

It works without modifications, but I did make changes in font and icon sizes to make it better fit the N900.
And it is missing the specific Maemo back buttons, you have to go back to a previous screen via the dropdown menu (or use the arrow button on the bottom of the screen if you are in a folder screen). The app is also portrait oriented only, like the Symbian version.
Hi!

Is it in the repos, or downlodeable somewhere? It looks pretty cool!

Posts: 1,163 | Thanked: 1,873 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ The Netherlands
Would be awesome if Droper could work in landschape and including back button. Look like a very clean app
Pierogi, Lanterne, Cooktimer, Frogatto
N9 16GB loaded with:
Kernel-Plus
--
[TCPdump & libpcap | ngrep]
--
donate