Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
Hi hhedberg. Thanks for your post here (and in the other thead) and thanks for the work on Mauku. I don't yet have a device, but I'm excited about what mauku will do eventually. A decent twitter app is one of my 'must haves'. It seems you've already thought of everything (Saved searches would be nice eventually!) and have them in hand.

(Love the name too - the idea of a miaow catching a tweet... )

The Following User Says Thank You to RevdKathy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 84 | Thanked: 212 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Oulu, Finland
Mauku had a critical bug in its backend code, which is now fixed. Make sure that you have the version 20091018 of the Microfeed package available in extras-testing.

If you have N900 and you are using Mauku, please, vote:

http://maemo.org/packages/package_in...0-beta4update2

The aim is not to judge user interface details, but to check that the app is not blasting your device, see:

http://wiki.maemo.org/Extras-testing

I am planning to release a new version with @replies and private message, for example, but it would be nice to have beta 4 in the Extras before that.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hhedberg For This Useful Post:
Mauku 2.0 beta 4 (update 2) is available in Extras now!

I am not perfectly happy with that version, and there will be a new version in extras-testing next week. I will announce that later. However, it takes some time to get that version into Extras.

Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
Makes me pine for my poor, lost n900 even more. Stuck somewhere between here and Finland, my n900 (still to be named) will be collecting mauku as a priority.

Posts: 42 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Finland
Any news on this Beta 5 you mentioned on twitter a week or so ago? You mentioned now solid as a rock, and has replies, and DM's. I sent you a tweet asking you to email me, but nothing received?

Posts: 696 | Thanked: 1,012 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Asturies, Spain
Originally Posted by hhedberg View Post
Mauku 2.0 beta 4 (update 2) is available in Extras now!

I am not perfectly happy with that version, and there will be a new version in extras-testing next week. I will announce that later. However, it takes some time to get that version into Extras.
Congratulations!

In a related note, while I can understand that microfeed must be visible in the application manager to update.

Is it necessary be visible in maemo.org/downloads?
The downloads page has an option to do invisible some item. IMHO, it shouldn't be shown in this place.

I know it goes automatically to the downloads page when it's promoted to Extras and probably you haven't had time to check it.

What do you think?

The Following User Says Thank You to yerga For This Useful Post:
Posts: 42 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Finland
Tried to download todays update, but when downloaded to N900, when it tried to install, it said, "mauku is already installed". No option to update?

Originally Posted by yerga View Post
Is it necessary be visible in maemo.org/downloads?
The downloads page has an option to do invisible some item. IMHO, it shouldn't be shown in this place.
Thanks for the idea. I removed/hided it from the Downloads.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hhedberg For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Micky View Post
Tried to download todays update, but when downloaded to N900, when it tried to install, it said, "mauku is already installed". No option to update?
You probably have the latest version installed already. This is the very same version that has been in extras-testing for some time (due to limitations in the QA process).

Posts: 472 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Texas
any update on this? im desperately needing a replies view, and would *love* to be able to view each accounts' main stream as its own, rather than all jumbled together, similar to seesmic desktop.

Tags
fremantle, jaiku, mauku, micro-blogging, qaiku, tweet, twitter