Posts: 1,503 | Thanked: 2,688 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Denmark
1700mAh battery under test:
1 cycle showed 1395mAh which is good, but it is of course not 1700 as claimed, and polarcell & scud is thereby better

2 cycle will not show more then 1 cycle, this has not been the case yet, and is not the case in lithium battery's, as many crappy ebay sites state that you have to charge the battery 10 times to achieve full capacity, this is of course crap.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dr_frost_dk For This Useful Post:
Sometimes bme will also display X mAh, where X is smaller than the Y indicated by the resistor. Anyway, the default meter is wrong most of the time.

If normal mugens have the same design flaw as the big mugen, then there's a thermistor instead of resistor in it, which means the indicated capacity varies with temperature of battery at bootup time. At 20C, it works out to roughly 1300mAh, iirc. Pocket temperature corresponds roughly to half of that. This makes the meter even more confused than it usually is.

Amusingly Mugen got this right for their N800 battery. It tests out to have 1200 at slightly below low-battery warning threshold, and its resistor signals 1200mAh capacity as well. The label on the battery says "1800 mAh"

The Following User Says Thank You to shadowjk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 206 | Thanked: 205 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by dr_frost_dk View Post
1700mAh battery under test:
1 cycle showed 1395mAh which is good, but it is of course not 1700 as claimed, and polarcell & scud is thereby better

2 cycle will not show more then 1 cycle, this has not been the case yet, and is not the case in lithium battery's, as many crappy ebay sites state that you have to charge the battery 10 times to achieve full capacity, this is of course crap.
So then this is your final verdict right, that 1700mAh battery is actually 1390mAh?

Originally Posted by Prozac786 View Post
So then this is your final verdict right, that 1700mAh battery is actually 1390mAh?
testing is still ongoing, but i can call it now at 1400mAh, will know for sure in a few hours, so it will be posted at 1390 or 1400 depending on the 3 cycle.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dr_frost_dk For This Useful Post:
as you might have seen i posted the 1700mAh battery at 1390mAh (final verdict), don't know why they insist on putting fake labels when clearly 1390mAh is very good vs 1320mAh stock battery

So anybody have some other battery they found that should be tested?

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to dr_frost_dk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,141 | Thanked: 781 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Magical Unicorn Land
They lie to say 1700 for a 1400 battery because the battery which claims 1400 is really 800

The Following User Says Thank You to stlpaul For This Useful Post:
just updated the power kernel, and now my battery meter is all fu*ked, anybody know what causes this, the /etc/modules fix does't now work here.......

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by dr_frost_dk View Post
just updated the power kernel, and now my battery meter is all fu*ked, anybody know what causes this, the /etc/modules fix does't now work here.......
I think it's discussed in the [Announce] kernel-power v47 thread somewhere.

Posts: 701 | Thanked: 585 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ London, England
I the kernel-power thread the complaints are mostly about the temp readings being different (now to one decimal place rather than in whole degrees C), somebody may have mentioned voltage though. The problem is the are now two readings for current voltage which don't match (at least on my device), so which is the one to use?

Posts: 701 | Thanked: 585 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ London, England
Ok, I've had a further look, removing the bq27x00_battery module gets rid of the extra voltage reading that is messing things up.

EDIT: My N900 has had 2 random reboots, each time after removing that module, not immediately however, it could be unrelated, maybe something else due to the new kernel-power, but I'm not overclocking and my N900 has been otherwise stable before installing kernel-power. So just a warning it case it is related.

Last edited by retsaw; 2011-05-04 at 15:54.

Tags
battery, battery test, best battery, good bad ugly, modding, mugen battery, scud battery, tool got banned, yasirrfc