Posts: 141 | Thanked: 417 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Malaysia
Releasing GagBook 0.3.0, changelog

* Complete rewritten backend in C++
* Scrap post directly from 9GAG website, remove use of InfiniGAG API
* Vote section remove temporary because it's HTML is a bit different
* Image size setting remove temporary because the website only provide medium size image

Download: http://bit.ly/gagbook-harmattan-030

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to dicksonleong8 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 835 | Thanked: 772 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Finland
@dicksonleong8, I have made an icon for gagbook similar to the logo they have on their website, you can use it if you want.

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=197

EDIT: btw unsafe pictures do not work and is it possible to retrieve video links? Found this script, hope it is useful
http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/149942

Last edited by Kozzi; 2013-02-06 at 08:04.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kozzi For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Weird I get a Error: Connection refused message on v0.3.0 even though I'd uninstalled the previous version on my device...

Edit: Trying it again now it works so must have been some freak-occurrence earlier

Last edited by thedead1440; 2013-02-06 at 09:25.

Originally Posted by Kozzi View Post
@dicksonleong8, I have made an icon for gagbook similar to the logo they have on their website, you can use it if you want.

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=197

EDIT: btw unsafe pictures do not work and is it possible to retrieve video links? Found this script, hope it is useful
http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/149942
That's their official logo, I don't think it is good to use it for GagBook.

That script looks interesting, I will definitely try it, thanks!

Last edited by dicksonleong8; 2013-02-06 at 09:14.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dicksonleong8 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
Weird I get a Error: Connection refused message on v0.3.0 even though I'd uninstalled the previous version on my device...
That's a network error. Maybe your ISP blocked 9gag.com? Can you go to 9gag.com in your browser? Or, even worst, maybe 9gag blocked GagBook?!! But it still working on my N9

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by dicksonleong8 View Post
That's a network error. Maybe your ISP blocked 9gag.com? Can you go to 9gag.com in your browser? Or, even worst, maybe 9gag blocked GagBook?!! But it still working on my N9
Yup works now Must have been some freak occurrence earlier

Possible to pinch-zoom on the outside area of a image? Doibg this on currebt version make the app confuses with swiping the next or previous image. I have noticed that sometimes pictures with small text inside are not readable, eventhough they are when viewed on the website. Comments section is limited when expanding comments, the last comment do not display fully.

BTW mobile version of the website has all (vote,trending and hot) pages using same style, perhaps parse it instead?

The Following User Says Thank You to Kozzi For This Useful Post:
Possible to pinch-zoom on the outside area of a image? Doibg this on currebt version make the app confuses with swiping the next or previous image.
You can pinch zooming outside of the image. The whole content area is pinch-able.

I have noticed that sometimes pictures with small text inside are not readable, eventhough they are when viewed on the website.
Those pictures are really large, and must be scale down a little bit to be display on the device, if not that image will not able to display due to insufficient memory.

Comments section is limited when expanding comments, the last comment do not display fully.
That's one bug always bothering me, until now I still can't find a way to dynamically adjust the height of the Facebook comments.

BTW mobile version of the website has all (vote,trending and hot) pages using same style, perhaps parse it instead?
I too lazy to rewrite the backend again. But I already added vote + top (day/weeks/months/all) section in next version . And also, the desktop side of 9GAG should be more stable than the mobile site.

The Following User Says Thank You to dicksonleong8 For This Useful Post:
Just found out that pinch zoom bug happens only when two fingers touch the screen at a same after the picture is loaded, weird

How about using mobile links instead of default one? just add "m." before 9gag.com or link for original image.

Release GagBook 0.4, changelog:

* Add zoom slider for zooming without pinching
* Add vote and top section
* Show a text when the post is a video/NSFW
* Show number of comments for each post

Download: bit.ly/gagbook-harmattan-040

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dicksonleong8 For This Useful Post: