Active Topics

Posts: 649 | Thanked: 762 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Ohio
I do use Facebook, and have not had this problem. (I hope I have not just sealed my fate...)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to imaginaryenemy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 165 | Thanked: 59 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Italy
hey guys.. "happy" to see that others have the same problem..

I tried to investigate the matter.. also making tests, not so deep tests (I'm not a developer) but something..

I've seen that, after having used N9 for so long, instaling and unistalling apps, switching on and off and other things, N9 corrupt its internal memory, or anyway the filesystem..

I noticed that both in SMS, and whatsup db, and I also have seen a "conflict" between Accuweather working and sms receiving..
I've seen that when the problem occurs (I've had the problem 3 times and I have always had the need of a reset), accuweather stops updating information.. it seems like the internal memory can't be written anymore..
Moreover.. when the problem of databases (sms and whatsup) occurs, N9 can't be seen as a mass memory connecting it to PC..
Inside Nokia Suite, sms and pictures can't be loaded..

My conclusion is that N9 has a strange way in writing on the internal memory, and sometimes makes terrible errors.. so that, in some parts (FAT32 is not indexed), the filesystem is corrupted and not writable anymore.. (maybe, it becomes read-only..? http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=82659)

My N9, when the problem occurs, after a day, like in the morning, starts working "properly" again.. it's not a real working, because if an instruction (picture, anything) is written on the part of the filesystem that is corrupted, N9 will start having problems again..

I tried to connect my N9 to my PC in the morning, when it works, and could be seen as a mass memory.. I've tried to repair filesystem (FAT32), but I think that this won't solve the problem, because it acts only on a part of the memory, the one visible to Windows..

It could be a bug of the system itself.. but.. no updates anymore.. so.. maybe, an app that can make a filesystem checking could be created.. I don't know..
Or.. it could be something that locks the filesystem, and any app can't write on it anymore..

Let me know.. help eachothers!!

Last edited by palikao; 2014-06-10 at 22:38.

The Following User Says Thank You to palikao For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by palikao View Post
I noticed that both in SMS, and whatsup db, and I also have seen a "conflict" between Accuweather working and sms receiving..
I've seen that when the problem occurs (I've had the problem 3 times and I have always had the need of a reset), accuweather stops updating information.. it seems like the internal memory can't be written anymore..
Moreover.. when the problem of databases (sms and whatsup) occurs, N9 can't be seen as a mass memory connecting it to PC..
palikao, its unlikely., but possible, that you have an unrelated emmc hardware failure. this is not terribly uncommon and there is no fix.
chances are good, though, that you just have the same tracker db problem that most of us get from time to time. backing up with smsbackuprestore and deleting the tracker db should fix it. {what i do is autobackup nightly, and once every two weeks, automatically delete the tracker db and restore my texts/calls, so that the bug never happens to me}.
this problem is not with the internal memory, but simply with an unknown software bug that corrupts the tracker db.

The Following User Says Thank You to wolke For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by wolke View Post
palikao, its unlikely., but possible, that you have an unrelated emmc hardware failure. this is not terribly uncommon and there is no fix.
chances are good, though, that you just have the same tracker db problem that most of us get from time to time. backing up with smsbackuprestore and deleting the tracker db should fix it. {what i do is autobackup nightly, and once every two weeks, automatically delete the tracker db and restore my texts/calls, so that the bug never happens to me}.
this problem is not with the internal memory, but simply with an unknown software bug that corrupts the tracker db.
ok, that is about dbs problem.. but.. I think it's not only a small problem.. related only to dbs.. I think it's a bigger problem, related to how the system writes on the filesystem, and on write/read methods..

seems that sometimes, due to somethings like overloading, the filesystem remains "blocked" and doesn't allow apps to write on it.. so.. everything could be lost!!

Last edited by palikao; 2014-06-08 at 09:23.

Posts: 605 | Thanked: 1,778 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Helsinki
Last week I lost _all text messages_ from one contact. I highly doubt the file system corruption would be that specific. Of course it might be that I have lost other text messages without noticing but then again, a file system corruption cannot be that specific

The Following User Says Thank You to MSameer For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by MSameer View Post
Last week I lost _all text messages_ from one contact. I highly doubt the file system corruption would be that specific. Of course it might be that I have lost other text messages without noticing but then again, a file system corruption cannot be that specific
could be if the bit on which is written the code for some txt is corrupted, it could be..

Originally Posted by palikao View Post
hey guys.. "happy" to see that others have the same problem..

I tried to investigate the matter.. also making tests, not so deep tests (I'm not a developer) but something..

I've seen that, after having used N9 for so long, instaling and unistalling apps, switching on and off and other things, N9 corrupt its internal memory, of anyway the filesystem..

Inside Nokia Suite, sms and pictures can't be loaded..

My conclusion is that N9 has a strange way in writing on the internal memory, and sometimes makes terrible errors.. so that, in some parts (FAT32 is not indexed), the filesystem is corrupted and not writable anymore.. (maybe, it becomes read-only..? http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=82659)

My N9, when the problem occurs, after a day, like in the morning, starts working "properly" again.. it's not a real working, because if an instruction (picture, anything) is written on the part of the filesystem that is corrupted, N9 will start having problems again..

I tried to connect my N9 to my PC in the morning, when it works, and could be seen as a mass memory.. I've tried to repair filesystem (FAT32), but I think that this won't solve the problem, because it acts only on a part of the memory, the one visible to Windows..

It could be a bug of the system itself.. but.. no updates anymore.. so.. maybe, an app that can make a filesystem checking could be created.. I don't know..
Or.. it could be something that locks the filesystem, and any app can't write on it anymore..

Let me know.. help eachothers!!
Yes, I confirm this about losing msgs in wazapp database...

The Following User Says Thank You to genes For This Useful Post:
Posts: 136 | Thanked: 68 times | Joined on Nov 2013 @ Streets of Avalon | Zwolle, the Netherlands
Another confirmation on loosing sms messages here..

The Following User Says Thank You to vincr For This Useful Post:

Tags
corrupted, database, sms-message, sqlite