Active Topics

New 770 owner here...

I tried out vncviewer and rdesktop, they both don't seem to do everything. RDesktop will connect over RDP and give a proper size screen, but has no text input. VNCviewer doesn't give the proper size screen, nor connect over RDP but has text input.

Am I missing something? Thanks

Posts: 919 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Aug 2006 @ /dev/null
Yes you are missing alot

For RDP you have to use the MS virtual keyboard or BTKB...
And VNC has never display the actual screen size...

aha! the virtual keyboard... i forgot about that. thanks!

Version 0.4 of Rdesktop is great! The only pain is having to use the virtual keyboard on the PC you're remote controlling.

I really hope that someone, much cleverer than I, will pick this up and "Hildonise" it so that we gain text input, right clicking with the stylus, and more elegant closing of the app, etc.

This is definately the most useful tool for me, for both business and pleasure. I am very greatful for what we've got already, and I hope someone takes this on as a project as the previous coder suggests on Maemo.

It does work pretty well.. however I am having resolution issues. Certain apps are too big for the screen and I cannot move them around or anything. Is there a way around this?

Hey, maybe we could get HalfLife 2 running on a PC and then use VNC so that we can play on the Nokia.

At the same time, we could create a Nokia 770 swap file on an internet server.

I jest : )

I set VNC to connect over WiFi to the office server. Handy, but I find double clicking a bit hit and miss.

I just tried rdesktop on the 770, and it worked great, but I agree about the resolution/scrolling.

There are some apps that require 600 vertical resolution.

Either a scroll would be nice (don't use a scrollbar, maybe just the rocker), or..
I'm wondering, if there was an option to just drop every 4th line. That would get us to 800x600 (minus every 4th line :-), and might still be useable... Not sure how hard/easy that would be to implement.

Just a thought..

desiv

and what is better? rdp or vnc?
for connect when you are far of the computer

Speaking of missing something... How do I double-click in RDP???
Maybe I just have really bad aim...