Posts: 60 | Thanked: 34 times | Joined on Dec 2012 @ St Helens, England.
I'm not sure if it is just a coincidence, but after the nokia link update, the gps seems to be working better. I was one of many n9 users that was unable to use drive and maps due to no gps signal being found (I thought it was just the gps sensor broken because I had dropped the phone not long after I got it). Now it's locking on quite fast and it's pretty accurate, It's even working well indoors!
I'll look into this further, and make sure it's not just a fluke.

Has anyone else had better gps performance since installing this update?

The Following User Says Thank You to Callum.Brierly For This Useful Post:
Posts: 82 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Bahía Blanca, Argentina
No change whatsoever here. Maybe the only change I noticed was here at TMO, what a huge psychological effect this simple fix caused! People are relating any kind of improves and problems to it, LOL

1100 >> 3220 >> 5310 >> 5230 >> N9

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Hambert For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Callum.Brierly View Post
I'm not sure if it is just a coincidence, but after the nokia link update, the gps seems to be working better. I was one of many n9 users that was unable to use drive and maps due to no gps signal being found (I thought it was just the gps sensor broken because I had dropped the phone not long after I got it). Now it's locking on quite fast and it's pretty accurate, It's even working well indoors!
I'll look into this further, and make sure it's not just a fluke.

Has anyone else had better gps performance since installing this update?
I'm able to acquire a lock much more quickly for Drive than before the update. Don't know if it's related.

Also had my event feed briefly and randomly become all scrambled in black and white about 24 hours after I installed (no reboot). Never saw that happen before but it froze my phone so I rebooted and all is well.

The Following User Says Thank You to Drekkie For This Useful Post:
Posts: 485 | Thanked: 708 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Galiza
After this update my girlfriend seems to have bigger tits, not a bug at all, more like an improvement... don't know if related or caused by this package, but want to share my impressions with you. I'll keep posting any changes.

The Following 24 Users Say Thank You to Hariainm For This Useful Post:
I used to have connection issue in that network will drop and reconnect. Not because of signal strength and only when I am using data. It first happened after I dropped the device one time so I thought mbrokenaybe hw was somewhat broken.

After the update, the issue seems to be gone. Also battery life seems to improved but too early to confirm.

Keep in mind I had issue before so my mileage most likely varies from most of yours.

Originally Posted by Hariainm View Post
After this update my girlfriend seems to have bigger tits, not a bug at all, more like an improvement... don't know if related or caused by this package, but want to share my impressions with you. I'll keep posting any changes.
Hahaha10chars

Found some details on this fix. I faced the data/phone connection issues described, and it hasn't occurred in the few days since I installed this. It likely fixes bug 126. This was probably the single most annoying bug on my N9.

http://www.nokia.com/za-en/support/p...topic=FA141594

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to stats0 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 82 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Bahía Blanca, Argentina
Originally Posted by stats0 View Post
Found some details on this fix. I faced the data/phone connection issues described, and it hasn't occurred in the few days since I installed this. It likely fixes bug 126. This was probably the single most annoying bug on my N9.

http://www.nokia.com/za-en/support/p...topic=FA141594
YEAH!! Nokia is officialy taking care of us, at least in the more basic things. Be sure to rate that FAQ five stars down at that page!! I had this bug so many annoying times, and now is finally gone!!

Thanks for the link!! Damn these are good news!!

1100 >> 3220 >> 5310 >> 5230 >> N9

Posts: 335 | Thanked: 285 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Trento, Italy
Nice fix, but i'm still waiting for the battery bug to be fixed...

The Following User Says Thank You to Lucazz990 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Lucazz990 View Post
Nice fix, but i'm still waiting for the battery bug to be fixed...
It will be never be fixed, as you really cannot measure exact digital values from analog battery. So its just a common feature of li-on batteries that voltages drops rapidly on when battery level gets low. So there really is not anything that can be fixed.

Well they can fake the sw not to read the battery levels and only show decreasing values that has nothing to do with battery level. But imho its better to show what battery reports as voltage level than to lie to end user in the UI.
Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to rainisto For This Useful Post:

Tags
3g bug, herpderp, nokia link