Notices

Posts: 1,062 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Boston, MA
I know I've posted this before, but for those having problems with Zelda oot just download the ntsc version. Works fine and it quite playable at 1 ghz (WITH sound!)

Sick of your cell signal not reconnecting after coming out of a bad signal area? Vote for this bug.

Originally Posted by xxxxts View Post
No one has a safe resolution to the update issue? Can anyone at lest explain why this is happening - will it be fixed in future updates?
What is the "update issue"?

Sick of your cell signal not reconnecting after coming out of a bad signal area? Vote for this bug.

Originally Posted by cfh11 View Post
What is the "update issue"?
libsdl-ttf2.0 dependencies. It's been brought up numerous times in this thread but I have not seen a safe fix for it.

Originally Posted by vStone View Post
The problem seems to be caused because apt tries to install both libsdl-ttf2.0-0 and libsdl-ttf2.0.

I resolved this by force removing the installed libsdl-ttf2 version:

Code:
$ dpkg --force-all -r libsdl-ttf2.0-0
Afterward running apt-get install -f resolved the issue and installed both packages without problems. (logic? no clue.)
This appears to be the consensus fix for it.... not sure if this qualifies as "safe" though. It appears harmless enough, but I am no expert when it comes to CLI commands.

The Following User Says Thank You to cfh11 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 292 | Thanked: 348 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Rio de Janeiro
Originally Posted by xxxxts View Post
libsdl-ttf2.0 dependencies. It's been brought up numerous times in this thread but I have not seen a safe fix for it.
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...809#post785809

The Following User Says Thank You to luiscesjr For This Useful Post:
Posts: 161 | Thanked: 43 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Worcester
I know I've posted this before, but for those having problems with Zelda oot just download the ntsc version. Works fine and it quite playable at 1 ghz (WITH sound!)
And you can play from a save game?

Yep, copied my saves over from the previous CLI version.

EDIT: forgot to mention, I am using the version from the first post, not the newer upstream release.

Last edited by cfh11; 2010-09-02 at 22:54.

Yep, copied my saves over from the previous CLI version.

EDIT: forgot to mention, I am using the version from the first post, not the newer upstream release.
How fast would you say its runs percentage wise.
Cause honestly this is an awesome gamed

I know I must have done something I shouldn't have in root because i just can't get this to work...

Always get the message 'No graphics plugin selected! Do you want to select one'

Btw I have searched and followed many a reply here but to no avail yet. Sorry for posting such an obvious question

I can't seem to be able to select gles2n64
Only get 'no video' in plugin menu.

Originally Posted by IzzehO View Post
New Update: July 11th Please Read:
The GTK GUI has been recompiled and re-adjusted to run on the N900 by javispedro, and he has kindly added it to the repos. There are several issues with it... however for basic tasks it is stable enough. If you have stability issues with this version, you can still run it from the command line as before... just add a --nogui to the line. It is running the same version I have had posted in this thread as they are both simply ports of the current version being worked on for the Pandora.

Note: This is a development application and neither myself, javis... or the homeless guy on the corner... is responsible if you break your phone. That aside we'll be happy to help if something does happen.

The original intention of this thread was a guide to getting a command line, older, version of the emulator running on the N900... but is now obsolete... so I have reworked it with optimized settings and configuration files to enable faster emulation and better default controls. This should add support for the PS3 controller, as well as rudimentary explanation for getting Accelerometer gameplay (very fun with F-Zero X or Mario Kart 64... and do-able with Super Mario 64 and other RPGs :P)
I did not design any part of this emulator, all development is being done for the Pandora, only thing that has been changed is slight modifications to the GUI along with a recompile to run under Maemo by javispedro. Once again... me nothing... Pandora everything... javispedro recompile with GUI. Do not bother to report bugs here unless you are certain they are Maemo specific... and if you don't bother to read these first 2 pages do not bother to post as I will no longer be answering stupid questions.

If you are updating to this version from my old command line versions, please issue the following in xterminal before installing:
Code:
# This will also remove saves and screenshots, please read below if you want to save them.
rm -R .mupen64plus
To keep save states:
Code:
cp -R .mupen64plus/save .
rm -R .mupen64plus
mv save .mupen64plus/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEDi0hHKxf8

On to the optimized settings and configs.
Currently, I've added settings for exiting the emulator with Q, enabled frameskip, disabled framebuffer and increased the resolution (This removes jagged edges and fixes a lot of issues with 2D images). I've also got my own keyboard configuration with keys already mapped for both keyboard and PS3 controller.

To install my config files, you can either install mupen64plus from Extras-Devel before or after these steps... it really shouldn't matter.

Now download the following file from the phone and save to your main directory:
Custom Config

Open up a terminal and issue the following:
Code:
mkdir .mupen64plus                 (If you haven't run mupen64plus GUI yet)
cd .mupen64plus
tar zxf /home/user/MyDocs/customconfig.tar.gz
Your done! Start the emulator.

Keyboard map is below:
z = R
x = A
c = B
v = L
Space = Z
Enter = Start
Arrow Keys = Dpad
IJKL = Joystick
TFGH = C buttons
q = Quit the emulator
p = Pause the emulator

Also of note:
Frameskip is set to 2.
Framebuffer is disabled and resolution is 800x480
Memory Pak is enabled
Audio is disabled as it sounds terrible.

__________________________________________________ ___

For PS3 Sixaxis Support
Simply open the Input Settings (After syncing the PS3 controller as per Smoku's instruction) and tap the bar at the top of the screen (It'll say Keyboard or None) until PS3 Controller shows up.

The issue at the moment is this may make ugly things happen as Smoku's application also causes the buttons on the controller to emulator Key Presses, this can be resolved as follows (need rootsh installed):

Code:
root
cd /usr/share/hal/fdi/policy/20thirdparty/
mv 20-x11-sony-sixaxis.fdi 20-x11-sony-sixaxis.fdi.bak
Note that this will stop keyboard buttons working for the PS3 controller, to change it back just do the reverse:

Code:
# To change back to work with other programs
root
cd /usr/share/hal/fdi/policy/20thirdparty/
mv 20-x11-sony-sixaxis.fdi.bak 20-x11-sony-sixaxis.fdi
I'd generally recommend against changing individual buttons in this release as the input plugin detects the first button push when trying... and with the sensitivity of accelerometer, it will detect the "joystick" moving first every time... and you will end up with axis' assigned to buttons: This becomes even more difficult given the way to erase this is to press a button that is not available on the N900 keyboard (delete).

For multiple controller support a very nice guide has been written up here thanks to jschan:
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=811

Key Map:
Left Joystick = Joystick
Dpad = Dpad
Right Joystick = C Buttons
X = A
[] = B
O = C Down
/\ = C Left
Start = Start
L1 = Z
R1 = R
R2 = L

To get accelerometer support
Install Accelemymote from extras-devel repository. Once installed, restart the phone. Open Accelemymote from the menu and then start mupen64plus. In the Input Settings configuration you'll need to tap the Keyboard button at the top (it may say None as well.. its at the top, dead-center of the screen) until Accelemymote shows up (See the image above for PS3 instruction..

This now means the joystick input will be accepted from the accelerometer.

I'd generally recommend against changing individual buttons in this release as the input plugin detects the first button push when trying... and with the sensitivity of accelerometer, it will detect the "joystick" moving first every time... and you will end up with axis' assigned to buttons: This becomes even more difficult given the way to erase this is to press a button that is not available on the N900 keyboard (delete).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKtUY-PPJEs

TROUBLESHOOT

Some additions of my own:
  • I receive XXXX error
    If you recieve unresolvable errors: Read what they tell you and think. If that still doesn't work, uninstall and reinstall with the following commands (rootsh is needed):
    Code:
    root
    dpkg --purge mupen64plus-arm-gui mupen64plus-arm mupen64plus-arm-gles2n64
    apt-get install mupen64plus-arm-gui mupen64plus-arm mupen64plus-arm-gles2n64
  • SIGSEV type error:
    Close the GUI and re-open. If this does not fix it either your ROM is corrupted (grab a new one from elsewhere) or the game simply does not run.

"I'd generally recommend against changing individual buttons in this release as the input plugin detects the first button push when trying... and with the sensitivity of accelerometer, it will detect the "joystick" moving first every time... and you will end up with axis' assigned to buttons: This becomes even more difficult given the way to erase this is to press a button that is not available on the N900 keyboard (delete)."

I've done this... is there a way to undo it, idk, improving a del button? i really wanna use my accelerometer in mario kart back
and please, if you guys could help me, make it detailed (if possible, course) cause i'm a noob in those things, and i'm brazilian btw, so my enlgish isn't the best
thanks

Tags
emulator, games, mupen64plus, nintendo, nintendo64