Notices

Posts: 161 | Thanked: 43 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Worcester
Originally Posted by 2disbetter View Post
Just ordered a zeemote as trying to run and jump in a direction or wall jump with the keyboard had me wanting to pull my hair out. DOes anyone know if the zeemote works with this? Im guessing it should since the PS3 controller should be using the same joystick api for the game as the zeemote would.

2d
Try the Game Gripper, cheap and its like playing the snes back in the day.

I may have a bug but can anybody reproduce it. In Crevice Village every time I enter The Fan House the game seems to get stuck in a permanent loop. Frogatto starts a piece of dialogue as soon as he enters the room and just endlessly recycles the same sentence.....I have to boot to the desktop every time.

There is no mention of this on the Frogatto forums so I wonder if its just me or a Maemo issue.

The Following User Says Thank You to devensega For This Useful Post:
Posts: 51 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Poland
Originally Posted by devensega View Post
I may have a bug but can anybody reproduce it. In Crevice Village every time I enter The Fan House the game seems to get stuck in a permanent loop. Frogatto starts a piece of dialogue as soon as he enters the room and just endlessly recycles the same sentence.....I have to boot to the desktop every time.

There is no mention of this on the Frogatto forums so I wonder if its just me or a Maemo issue.
I had the same issus but i managed somehow skip the dialogue... probably using arrows but i can't tell exactly cuz i pressing too many buttons:P... Just try some buttons it might work good luck...

The Following User Says Thank You to kamil365 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by kamil365 View Post
I had the same issus but i managed somehow skip the dialogue... probably using arrows but i can't tell exactly cuz i pressing too many buttons:P... Just try some buttons it might work good luck...
Yeh your right, i just spamed the buttons for a wee while and I was off again. woop.

Posts: 138 | Thanked: 375 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Berlin
Yes, I've seen it and it is fixed for 1.0.2, which should be out really soon now.

Edit: I'm uploading another pre-1.0.2 snapshot to test the libboost update and split music and sounds into separate packages.

Warning: there is a savegame incompatibility due to tileset changes!
If you want to hang on to your precious save,
1. Before updating, place Frogatto on solid ground, next to a level exit, and press Ctrl+S to save.
2. Make a backup of /home/user/.frogatto/save.cfg, just to be sure, and update the game.
3. Load the save and notice garbled tiles. Exit the level, reenter, notice all is ok now, and press Ctrl+S to save.

To make sure rootfs space is freed, check that libboost-regex1.38.0, libboost-system1.38.0 and libicu40 are deinstalled after the update.

Last edited by pH5; 2010-09-03 at 07:55. Reason: another snapshot release

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pH5 For This Useful Post:
Try the Game Gripper, cheap and its like playing the snes back in the day.
I like the idea of the game gripper but don't like the wear and tear aspect of its use. I like the zeemote as i can keep the screen closed and still have gamepad like play.

We'll see though. Ill probably end up getting a game gripper though.

Edit: Also it might be a good idea if the thread OPR edited the title to make this an annoucement as the game is availible, and this thread is detailing it's progress. I say because this game is seriously awesome and it doesn't seem to be getting much attention on here.

2d

Last edited by 2disbetter; 2010-09-03 at 19:20.

Posts: 122 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on May 2010 @ U.K ,Reading
i cant download this game from the repos??

missing a depend?

Last edited by mokkey; 2010-09-04 at 03:35. Reason: dep

The Following User Says Thank You to mokkey For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pH5 View Post
Yes, I've seen it and it is fixed for 1.0.2, which should be out really soon now.

Edit: I'm uploading another pre-1.0.2 snapshot to test the libboost update and split music and sounds into separate packages.

Warning: there is a savegame incompatibility due to tileset changes!
If you want to hang on to your precious save,
1. Before updating, place Frogatto on solid ground, next to a level exit, and press Ctrl+S to save.
2. Make a backup of /home/user/.frogatto/save.cfg, just to be sure, and update the game.
3. Load the save and notice garbled tiles. Exit the level, reenter, notice all is ok now, and press Ctrl+S to save.

To make sure rootfs space is freed, check that libboost-regex1.38.0, libboost-system1.38.0 and libicu40 are deinstalled after the update.
I woke up this morning and noticed your update available and downloaded rightaway before consulting this thread and the save game warning,,,,durrrr

Buuuuut.....My save games are fine. pheew.

Posts: 138 | Thanked: 375 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Berlin
Originally Posted by 2disbetter View Post
Edit: Also it might be a good idea if the thread OPR edited the title to make this an annoucement as the game is availible, and this thread is detailing it's progress. I say because this game is seriously awesome and it doesn't seem to be getting much attention on here.
I'm going to open a new thread once 1.0.2 is in extras-testing.

Originally Posted by mokkey View Post
i cant download this game from the repos??

missing a depend?
Could you be more specific? If this is the libsdl-ttf2.0 vs libsdl-ttf2.0-0 issue, have a look at the "Problem with libsdl-ttf2.0" thread.

My save games are fine. pheew.
Lucky you.
When I first tried it, Frogatto stood on a bridge, which was gone after the update.
Poor fellow dropped into a pit with no way to exit the level.

Posts: 254 | Thanked: 95 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ New Delhi, India
While installing frogatto, I had the libsdl-ttf error and going by vstone's advice,I solved it. However, I seem to have uninstalled something that's needed to play destroid, flobby and reaction face-off. These three apps just crash when started. I tried uninstalling and re-installing them, but to no avail.

Please help....