Active Topics

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
On one hand RevdKathy knows I value the help provided by her and others who chose to include resource links in their signatures.

On the other I think that can be accomplished without skirting the current limit on signature lines.

RevdKathy, could you just move the last line next to your Maemo Greeter intro, right after the smiley? Should do the trick.

As for infraction points, I think some of the suggestions for the thread in question are a bit much, but I'll try to look through it later and see. I was hoping members could just self-moderate after knowing the rules. Ah well.

*sigh*

The Following User Says Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
On one hand RevdKathy knows I value the help provided by her and others who chose to include resource links in their signatures.

On the other I think that can be accomplished without skirting the current limit on signature lines.

RevdKathy, could you just move the last line next to your Maemo Greeter intro, right after the smiley? Should do the trick.

As for infraction points, I think some of the suggestions for the thread in question are a bit much, but I'll try to look through it later and see. I was hoping members could just self-moderate after knowing the rules. Ah well.

*sigh*
I've already removed the spacing from my sig. I'd hate to be considered in breach of the rules.

My point was that there is yet another thread going over the same old rants, the same old FUD, the same old unsubstantiated claims, and dare I say it, the same people rising to the bait. But now we actually have a method for dealing with the stuff.

I seem to remember saying that the rules could make T.M.O. a nice place to be again.

Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
Originally Posted by RevdKathy View Post
I've already removed the spacing from my sig. I'd hate to be considered in breach of the rules.

My point was that there is yet another thread going over the same old rants, the same old FUD, the same old unsubstantiated claims, and dare I say it, the same people rising to the bait. But now we actually have a method for dealing with the stuff.

I seem to remember saying that the rules could make T.M.O. a nice place to be again.
Wouldn't the correct response/action be to click "Report" in that thread and report it for what you feel it violates - instead of creating a thread about it where there is not even a link to the thread or naming "the same people"? I don't quite see the value in generic posts like that.
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

The Following User Says Thank You to silvermountain For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by RevdKathy View Post
Ultimately, hopefully. But first they'll be the cause of more rancor. Like we're seeing in this thread.

Next: moderators get accused of being Nazis for doling out infraction points. Youtube video at 11.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
I think that T.M.O. has been a fairly nice place recently. I think that the problem is that the powers that be can't recognize success and don't know when to stop.

Having big threads on the actual meaning of the rules and how important they are can't be a good way to proceed. Maybe you should just dispatch assassins and take out the worst infractors? Whatever, the rules should be as invisible as possible.

I knew I could count on you to fill the hyperbole quota, geneven. Just glad I didn't bet Nazis versus assassins.