Active Topics

Poll: What Internet Tablet(s) do you have?
Poll Options
What Internet Tablet(s) do you have?

I thought it would be great to know the "tablet ownership demographics" of visitors on this site:

Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
how about had 770, now have n800, that would be my category. I do not have both though!!

Originally Posted by penguinbait View Post
how about had 770, now have n800, that would be my category. I do not have both though!!
II second that one. I knew about the 770 a long time before the n800 and wasn't able to get one due to financial reasons. The n800 was announced and I got my tax return back a month later.

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
I ordered (pre-ordered I think) the 770 as soon as they announced it and made orders available (November 2005-ish?). N800 I snagged from CompUSA a day early. Yes, I like Nokia. Yes, I like Linux (though I'm actually a Mac user). Yes, I like internet tablets.

I got my 770 last April. I was looking for a new pda, that could do wireless scans. Saw linux as the os for the tablet and was sold. Who cared if it didn't have a pim.

Got the n800 2 weeks ago. had to exchange it because of a bad battery, found out it was bad about 30 minutes into messing with it. Took it back the next morning, and finally got the time to sit around and mess with it today.

Posts: 128 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Philadelphia, PA
Yeah, I agree with penguinbait there. I had a 770, and the day the N800 was available I went out and got it. Actually wound up selling the 770 to someone in Hong Kong for about the same price as retail, so in total I only paid $40 to upgrade, since the 770 was a X-mas present. Good deal. I voted i own both, because for a few weeks I did, and that was the "best" answer.

I bought the 770 as soon as it became available here in the US and the N800 from CompUSA as soon as I found one that had them in stock. Last three phones have been Nokia smartphones (7710, 9300, current phone N73). Yes, I also like Nokia and found the 770 really useful and the N800 no less. Hoping to offload my 770 soon.

Posts: 204 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Berlin, Germany
I had an N770 but WSOD forced me to send it back. Got refund and added

Posts: 204 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Berlin, Germany
... 50 Euro - now have N800. [sorry for the break]

I don't know how to answer the poll.

I have a 770, and I do not plan to buy a n800.

On the other hand, I very likely will buy some other internet tablet in the near future,

Perhaps an iPhone, Other tablet style phone w/ WiFi, or a Pepper Pad, or a UMPC that I load Linux on, or what ever some clever company brings to market.

Mobile Linux? Got That.
Pepper Pad 3, Nokia 770, GP2X, Motorola A780

Please visit http://linuxslate.com/ New! Discussion boards just started.