Notices

Small pressure sensitive painting application written in python and gtk. Requires some python2.5 packages (python2.5-hildon) from maemo/extras.
This is my first go at hildonizing, not complete yet (some osso init stuff is missing still) but it runs fast and responsive on my n810. Hardware keys for zoom and fullscreen implemented.

Files:
http://gudmundson.se

Mypaint homepage with manual and documentation.

The Following 35 Users Say Thank You to anders_gud For This Useful Post:
Any screenshots of the Hildon mypaint?

Posts: 1,107 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Germany
Hooray! <rejoicing>

Tip: edit file debian/control file and change the "Section:" to be Section:user/$foo where $foo is one of the categories listed in the application manager's category list.

Originally Posted by ArnimS View Post
Hooray!
Tip: edit file debian/control file and change the "Section:" to be Section:user/$foo where $foo is one of the categories listed in the application manager's category list.
Oh yes - had red pill mode on so I forgot. Also the "/usr/share/applications/hildon/mypaint.desktop" file has the wrong syntax. It should be:
Code:
Icon=mypaint_26
ie. not the full path...
I'll try to fix it next release :-)
Glad you liked it (64 downloads so far...), it is a "great little" app and very configurable. It was one of the main reasons I got myself a n810 in the first place.
A tip:
It's optimized for wacom boards and alike (that "feels" the stylus hoovering above the board, if you get my meaning) - you may need to adjust the pressure settings to match the screen on the IT. Otherwise you'll get "ghost lines" between points when lifting the pen...
And don't zoom out to much - it will crash when reaching your memory limit.

Last edited by anders_gud; 2008-02-16 at 15:05.

Posts: 696 | Thanked: 1,012 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Asturies, Spain
Please, add it to the extras repository.
It's a very nice app.

The Following User Says Thank You to yerga For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by anders_gud View Post
A tip:
It's optimized for wacom boards and alike (that "feels" the stylus hoovering above the board, if you get my meaning) - you may need to adjust the pressure settings to match the screen on the IT. Otherwise you'll get "ghost lines" between points when lifting the pen...
This app is actually quite nice in its hildonized form, but tell me, where would I change the pressure setting?

Anyway, good work.

For instance:
Dialogs->Brush settings->Radius (or Opacity)->By Pressure
Adjust the curve. This has to be done for every brush as there is no global pressure setting...

Last edited by anders_gud; 2008-02-18 at 07:00.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to anders_gud For This Useful Post:
Posts: 86 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Moscow
It keeps saying when trying to install: "Incompatible application package"(
OS2008, python2.5-hildon installed.
UPD: It's installed with dpkg -i.

Last edited by sashabe; 2008-02-25 at 18:43.

Very nice app. One hitch -- and this is likely because I have failed to find an option setting. If I paint a stroke, then lift the pen, then paint another stroke; Mypaint adds a stroke from the end of the first stroke to the beginning of the second.

So if, for example, I draw an equals sign, it ends up looking like a "Z".

Can this behavior be turned off?

Originally Posted by dvergin View Post
Very nice app. One hitch -- and this is likely because I have failed to find an option setting. If I paint a stroke, then lift the pen, then paint another stroke; Mypaint adds a stroke from the end of the first stroke to the beginning of the second.

So if, for example, I draw an equals sign, it ends up looking like a "Z".

Can this behavior be turned off?
Yes, see my post above - about ghost lines...

(I didn't modify the drawing code, but my guess is that this could be "corrected" in gtk_my_brush_stroke_to (gtkmybrush.c line 553))

Last edited by anders_gud; 2008-02-25 at 22:18.