Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by thp View Post
MohammadAG told me that I should post some info on getting video playback to work via QML. Here's the mailing list post with the useful information:

http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.com...ty.general/726

Basically, you need to install Qt Mobility 1.2, then set the environment variable QT_PLUGIN_PATH=/opt/qtm12/plugins and also view.engine()->addImportPath(QLatin1String("/opt/qtm12/imports")); which in Python simply becomes view.engine().addImportPath('/opt/qtm12/imports'). Then video playback works. If you have problems with the OpenGL viewport, try disabling it and see if this fixes the problem, although achipa said that he fixed the OpenGL colorkey in a recent Qt Mobility upload, I wasn't able to test it yet.
Thanks very much for the info. I did see that post, but I haven't had the chance to install Qt Mobility 1.2 and test yet. I'll give it a go tomorrow.

My website

GitHub

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 209 | Thanked: 150 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ York, Pa., USA
Just Tried it, Its better than my laptop playback....THANK YOU!!

Originally Posted by marxian View Post
There was an error in 0.3.4, which meant that the filepath was not set for downloads. If you update using HAM/FapMan, you should be able to delete the downloads. If the problem persists, you can delete the download database table by inserting a DROP TABLE command in the settings initialisation:

Code:
function initialize() {
    var db = getDatabase();
    db.transaction(
                function(tx) {
                    // Create the settings table if it doesn't already exist
                    // If the table exists, this is skipped
                    tx.executeSql('CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS accounts(username TEXT UNIQUE, password TEXT, isDefault INTEGER)');
                    tx.executeSql('CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS settings(setting TEXT UNIQUE, value TEXT)');
                    tx.executeSql('CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS searches(searchterm TEXT UNIQUE)');
                    tx.executeSql('DROP TABLE downloads');
                    tx.executeSql('CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS downloads (filePath TEXT UNIQUE, playerUrl TEXT, title TEXT, thumbnail TEXT)');
                    tx.executeSql('CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS archive (filePath TEXT UNIQUE, title TEXT, thumbnail TEXT, quality TEXT, isNew INTEGER)');
                    setDefaultSettings();
                });
}
This will delete the old table and replace it with a clean one. You will then need to remove the inserted line.
hi, i appreciate your help, thanks first of all. but how do insert the drop table command? sorry i'm not very experienced.

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Touch interaction with list went little better with following ListView properties:
Code:
ListView {
            id: videoList

property variant checkList : []
            //property string filterString : ""

anchors { fill: dimmer; topMargin: 50 }
            boundsBehavior: Flickable.DragOverBounds
//            highlightMoveDuration: 500
//            preferredHighlightBegin: 0
//            preferredHighlightEnd: 100
//            highlightRangeMode: ListView.StrictlyEnforceRange
            cacheBuffer: 1000
            interactive: visibleArea.heightRatio < 1
Now I need to disable highlighting. Or is it reason why moving finger 1-3mm doesn´t move list. I´m trying to just find list behaviour that 1:1 follows my finger.

btw.
If I change PropertyAnimation to e.g. 100 it segfaults really easily. Could it be that app is basically tested quite a lot with desktop pc but with N900 the CPU and download hits the wall quite quickly. Did I see right that currently it loads 1000 pixels ahead thumbs and 15 list items? Is this too much for gprs and slow connections How is it possible to take good wifi connection and slowass gprs connection in count and give good usage experience on both?

Last edited by slender; 2011-04-12 at 09:08.

FYI: Same problem with about box version not matching actual version.

Originally Posted by slender View Post
Did I see right that currently it loads 1000 pixels ahead thumbs and 15 list items? Is this too much for gprs and slow connections How is it possible to take good wifi connection and slowass gprs connection in count and give good usage experience on both?
The cache buffer refers to number of (measured in vertical pixels) that are cached when the list is in view. By default, QML deletes any delegtes from memory when they are not in view. Setting a cache buffer of 1000 pixels in this case means that 10 items will be cached, so these items (including thumbnails downloaded over the network) do not need to be reloaded when scrolling. A higher cache buffer will actually be much better for slower internet connections.

The 15 list items you refer to is the number of items (count - 15) before grabbing further results (the API returns a maximum of 50 at any one time). In other words, when scrolling, results are grabbed once you get to 15 items before the end of the list.

My website

GitHub

The Following User Says Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mrwormp View Post
A good suggestion would be a home button or put the feature under menu which would take you back to the start
Long press the back button

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
@marxian
Do you happen to know how to disable highlighting of list items?

Originally Posted by slender View Post
@marxian
Do you happen to know how to disable highlighting of list items?
You have already made the necessary changes. The default highlightRangeMode is NoHighlightRange. At least that is what the documentation says:

Valid values for highlightRangeMode are:

ListView.ApplyRange - the view attempts to maintain the highlight within the range. However, the highlight can move outside of the range at the ends of the list or due to mouse interaction.

ListView.StrictlyEnforceRange - the highlight never moves outside of the range. The current item changes if a keyboard or mouse action would cause the highlight to move outside of the range.

ListView.NoHighlightRange - this is the default value.

These things are always changing, since QML is still in a relatively early stage of development. You could try setting the property to ListView.NoHighlightRange explicitly. Beyond that, I don't think there is anything more that can be done.

Be aware that by making these changes, there will not be any automatic grabbing of additional results, since this depends on the the currentIndex value, which does not change when the highlight range is not enforced.

My website

GitHub

The Following User Says Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by daperl View Post
FYI: Same problem with about box version not matching actual version.
Yeah, I know. I've already changed it to 0.3.6 for the next release.

My website

GitHub

Tags
cutetube, marxian = god, marxian legend, son of a gun, son of douche, son of fail, son of god, youtube