Posts: 266 | Thanked: 89 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Norway
Originally Posted by colnago View Post
Lexerd (amazon.com) feel like the 900's screen. I have a Zagg, so I'm familiar with the "rubbery feel", and the Lexerd is nothing like it. I did a key scratch test, and while it left indentations, it was somewhat smoothed away with a few rubs with the finger. Installation is also "peel-n-stick".
I have had Lexerd Crystal Clear on a N900 for a couple of weeks now, last week it started to get bad either its bits chipping off when i use a stylus or its micro particles that gets under, i dont know. Yes i have lifted it and used tape, no help.

I Used Zagg before and my girlfriend still is on her N900, that you cant even see is used.

I have ordered some other protectors and waiting eagerly to peel off this Lexerd thing for good.

See my posts here about the subject.
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=31689

"Sex is not the answer. Sex is the question. Yes is the answer..."

Posts: 41 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Oklahoma
Initially bought a Zagg.. immediately ripped it off and threw the 20 bucks in the trash and bought a clarivue and haven't regretted it once.

Posts: 47 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Evry, France
Not to repost, I'll give you this link: http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...2&postcount=50 You may want to check Clarivue out!

Originally Posted by inidrog View Post
I have had Lexerd Crystal Clear on a N900 for a couple of weeks now, last week it started to get bad either its bits chipping off when i use a stylus or its micro particles that gets under, i dont know. Yes i have lifted it and used tape, no help.
Fair enough...I installed mine on Christmas, and it looks/feels the same as the day I installed it.

Posts: 110 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Moon
clarivue got to be the worst protector i ever used, first of all it is too small so if you line up aginst bottom left corner you endup with gap so huge on top that n900 logo isnt even covered
and if that wasnt bad enough they got massive ear speaker cut out but no proximity sensor cutout and no front camera cut out......

Zagg is awful - I also threw mine away. I'm using the cheap ebay protectors - work fine with stylus and fingers.

Posts: 18 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Tyne and Wear

Posts: 271 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Apr 2009 @ United Kingdom
I use the Vikuiti ARMR200, anti-glare, highly scratch resistant, smooth... I love it. If you don't want the anti-glare filter built in, look for the Vikuiti DQC-160

Posts: 18 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Aotearoa
I know some people don't like the Vikuiti ARMR range, but consider this a recommendation.

I ordered both the ARMR200 and the DQC-160 for my own personal shootout (er...touchout?). Initially I spent a week with the n900 naked, the following week with the ARMR on (knowing this would be the most noticeable shift), and then finally switched over to the clearer DQC-160.

The DQC only lasted a day on my n900 before the ARMR was back on.

While there is a *slightly* noticeable screendoor effect with the ARMR, I feel the benefits far outweigh this minor defect. Fingerprints are almost non-existent and I can't remember the last time I had to wipe the screen when I was using it (like I felt to the need to with both the DQC and a naked screen). I've also grown very fond of the surface the ARMR has, with the matte protector giving a paper-like feel as well as reduced glare in direct sunlight.

If this comes off as being a sales pitch that's because I'm sold on the ARMR technology (ug, I guess I can't help myself). I can't imagine ever having a touchscreen device that doesn't have this film on it. I'd love to hear if anyone else feels the same way so I know I'm not crazy.

EDIT:

Uh, yeah, what Gohan said.

Last edited by bull; 2010-01-27 at 23:13.

The Following User Says Thank You to bull For This Useful Post:
Posts: 128 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Slovenia
Clarivue is the best !!!