Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
I have done that unfortunately, but still no joy (and I can ssh fine using developer)

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

Posts: 9 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Germany
Hi,

well, I think as my home network is fully behind my router and hence not visible to the outside world this should not conflict at all. Anyway due to some stupid setups of our company's administrator I was constrained to move my home's address range to something 'strange' as otherwise I was not able to set up VPN connections to the company's network. So, as I think that others my have done similar things and changed the home address ranges of theri networks to something not fitting which seems to be pre-configured in the sshd_config line I thought this might be a common problem, could that be validated by someone else yet ?

Regards,
Timm

Posts: 1,391 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Vienna, Austria
Make sure /home/user/ isn't world-writable, i.e.

Code:
chmod 755 /home/user/
You could also try even more restrictive permissions (e.g. 700), but not sure if that brings other problems - 755 should be fine. Also make sure that similar permissions are in effect for /home/user/.ssh/ (700) and /home/user/.ssh/authorized keys (600).

Don't know what the numbers mean? read me

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thp For This Useful Post:
Posts: 293 | Thanked: 76 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Fremantle, W. Australia
Originally Posted by thp View Post
Make sure /home/user/ isn't world-writable,
Bingo! thanks. of course.
And note that you cannot chmod as root (due to aegis), you must be logged in as user/developer.

But now I'm worried it will break something. They must have made it world-writable for a reason.