Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 1,916 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Edmonton, AB
Most people will overclock 10-20%, and you won't really notice the difference with that small of an increase. It's mostly a free performance boost (some battery loss), so still worth it in my opinion. If something can be overclocked, I will always overclock it just because

The Following User Says Thank You to Creamy Goodness For This Useful Post:
Posts: 649 | Thanked: 762 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Ohio
Thanks. I've been messing around with it the last several days. I think I have settled on 1150000000 at 1225000 volts. It maybe (?) helps with the keyboard issue...
With these settings, i do feel like everything is a little snappier, which is nice.

The Following User Says Thank You to imaginaryenemy For This Useful Post:
That's good to hear. It almost has to help a little bit, so in theory it doesn't matter if you can notice it or not. Some of the lag is caused by the device needing to move data around on the flash memory, so it might not help much in those situations.
For the guys talking about smartreflex, it looks like I programmed the module to do a smartreflex recalibration every time you change the settings. I manually override the existing smartreflex optimized voltage in kernel memory at first to trick it into changing to the voltage you specified, and then ask it to recalibrate itself a moment later. It sort of works, but there are a bunch of smartreflex settings that I could never figure out properly. Sadly this stuff isn't documented very well, and since this is all a hack there isn't really a 100% correct way to do this stuff. The kernel source actually changed a lot right before and right after the version we got on our phones, so I can't just copy the logic from somewhere else.

Last edited by Creamy Goodness; 2014-01-24 at 05:06.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Creamy Goodness For This Useful Post:
Hi I'm new here
can anyone write me a step by step tutorial to overclock my nokia
im using n9 64gb pr 1.3 stock
Thanks

Posts: 649 | Thanked: 762 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Ohio
Originally Posted by shpetimi View Post
Hi I'm new here
can anyone write me a step by step tutorial to overclock my nokia
im using n9 64gb pr 1.3 stock
Thanks
The first post of this thread provides you with everything you need to know.

i dont know how to install opptimizer 1.5.4 and 1.2.7
any instruction because when i install with file manager and open optimizer
says that can not start the core

Got kernel plus for some time now, thought I'd put a use of it and try to overclock, and then I discover that the optimizer-ui link doesn't work.
Any suggestions?
I have tried several more links but no luck so far

Yeah, the server it's hosted on is down for the last few days because it runs Windows, I guess. I'll send the host a ticket to reboot it so it runs another month or so.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Creamy Goodness For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Creamy Goodness View Post
Yeah, the server it's hosted on is down for the last few days because it runs Windows, I guess. I'll send the host a ticket to reboot it so it runs another month or so.

Thanks. BTW is there any other way (from console) to utilise the Opptimizer that is compiled in the Kernel Plus distro from here http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=86543
?

yeah definitely, I don't remember the commands but it's probably somewhere or just read the source.
server is back up.

The Following User Says Thank You to Creamy Goodness For This Useful Post: