Notices

Posts: 27 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Paris
if it's something like chmod +x & /path/to/the/app start, let's do it.

Posts: 237 | Thanked: 193 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Brighton, UK
Originally Posted by Julien_2006 View Post
if it's something like chmod +x & /path/to/the/app start, let's do it.
Exactly that.

Posts: 27 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Paris
Ok tell me when by posting a message here (I tried to send you a MP but it seems there are no mp here)

Originally Posted by Julien_2006 View Post
Ok tell me when by posting a message here (I tried to send you a MP but it seems there are no mp here)
Hopefully, Sunday. You can send a PM by clicking on a user's username above their post. There's a drop down with 'send a private message' on it.

Originally Posted by mr id View Post
I'm pretty close to an alpha release which will happen as soon as I get the time to tie up a few issues
great looking forward to it thanks

I've been working with something that may be somewhat related, basically there is a gstreamer plugin 'level' that should give you access to what you need, but obviously what you want is a nice UI on top of it.

http://www.gstreamer.net/data/doc/gs...ins-level.html

I'd been using it to make a simple input level monitor for a recording app, just a moving bar with a peak fall off, but it looks like the kind of data you'd be looking for.

You just need a pretty simple gst pipeline from input through level to null running that you can attach to for reading the values from.
I would love an program that shows db's or atleast some direction to values.. And wanted to know if you have tested your program and verifyed with any real db-meter if the programs values are accurate or even near accurate. And then I wanted to know when your program is coming out or where I can get it since I couldnt find it yet.

Hi aksuli83,

i haven't attempted to calibrate against a real decibel meter as I'm only using it to avoid clipping the mic input. do you have a decibel meter to test against?

no release yet as i have been travelling a lot lately. i'll try and put a file up today but it will depend on how the wifi at this cafe holds up. it still has some crashes but nothing device threatening.

managed to get an executable to

https://garage.maemo.org/frs/?group_id=1786

you'll need to downlolad it to somewhere executable chmod +x and start from a terminal. please report any issues to the bugtracker

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mr id For This Useful Post:
managed to get an executable to

https://garage.maemo.org/frs/?group_id=1786

you'll need to downlolad it to somewhere executable chmod +x and start from a terminal. please report any issues to the bugtracker
Hey,
can you write simple instruction how I can install this? I dont know how I open a file in x-terminal and where I have save the file?

Sorry ;(

Originally Posted by slappy View Post
Hey,
can you write simple instruction how I can install this? I dont know how I open a file in x-terminal and where I have save the file?

Sorry ;(
load the browser on your n900, navigate to the download link I posted and download the file from there.

By default this will save in your MyDocs folder - you will need to move it from there.

Open the terminal - (if you are at all uncomfortable with this you may want to stop now, you are essentially downloading a random file off of the internet and running it on your phone).

enter the following at the prompt (this will move the file):
mv /home/user/MyDocs/demorecorder /home/user/demorecorder

then (to make it executable)
chmod +x /home/user/demorecorder

now you can start it with
/home/user/demorecorder

hth

Last edited by mr id; 2010-11-02 at 09:21. Reason: typo in command