Notices

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Aircrack-ng is a WiFi pentesting suite. It's command-line only currently - there's a GUI that you can install on top of it, called faircrack, which has its own thread.

The current version in Extras-Devel is 1.1-maemo12.
The current version in Extras-Testing is 1.1-maemo12.
The current version in Extras is 1.1-maemo12.

*Current, in this context, is defined as the last time this post was edited. You can always check the package page (http://maemo.org/packages/view/aircrack-ng/), or update from your N900, to see if there's something newer.

If you have the -devel or in -testing repositories enabled, I would appreciate it if you could vote for the version currently in -testing, as without sufficient votes it can't be pushed to extras. (And, in fact, if you could vote for all of the software that you use that is currently in the QA queue in -testing I'm sure many developers here would be happier: http://maemo.org/packages/repository...xtras-testing/)

------ Everything below this point isn't new information, I'm just leaving it for historical purposes --------

- Edit 10 -
"Cleaning" the post up by putting the useful information in the top, leaving all the other crap as I originally wrote it under this point.

- Edit 8 (Edit 9: 1.1-maem10 made it to -testing, so I edited the content of Edit 8 accordingly) -
Aircrack-NG 1.1-maemo10 is now in Extras-Testing. Rejoice, those who have -testing enabled, but not -devel.

Test, or if you've already tested, vote here, so that the masses with only Extras enabled may have aircrack-ng goodness too:
http://maemo.org/packages/package_in...g/1.1-maemo10/
(It's not the most intuitive system - you need to log in with your maemo.org account, which is separate from your talk.maemo.org account, AND, you press the thumbs up/thumbs down icons to vote. So press the up thumb to vote for, press the down thumb to vote against.)

Here's the list of blockers which you should diligently check for before voting (I don't believe that this version violates any of them, as it has been optified, has a bugtracker link, and is otherwise awesome, but, if you genuinely believe aircrack-ng violates any of these, say so in here, so that I may look into fixing it):
http://wiki.maemo.org/Extras-testing...klist#Blockers

- Edit 5 -
Removed "(kinda)" from topic title, because I now know the package works in general terms - so if I break something with one update I can still fix it with the next one by reverting. So now it's a legit "Announce".

Okay, so I just put an aircrack-ng 1.1 package into the autobuilder.

As of this writing it shows up here in the "Changes" but not in the "Releases": http://maemo.org/packages/view/aircrack-ng/
-Edit 2-
Looks like it has appeared for armel in the releases part too, and the .deb is downloadable from the above package interface link, SO I think that conclusively says the package should be downloadable through Extras-devel as well.

*Shrug*

Anyway, it seems to be in devel (Edit: or it's not in devel yet, and still somewhere in the auto-builder cogs... it's my first time uploading anything so I can't really tell what means what where in all the various parts of maemo.org). I don't have access to internet from my N900 at this exact moment so unfortunately I can't test it at all from device right now.

I can already see the changelog for the version I uploaded just says "debian/changelog"... which is an issue. *Facepalm* I'll get this right eventually. In the meantime, if you're seeing it as an update, that means you've got extras-devel enabled, and if you're in devel, I assume you to be perfectly ready for whatever device breaking horrors my inexperienced uploading unleashes upon your device.

- Edit 3 -

Now temporarily removed the iw dependency, because apparently iw has a conflict on its end with aircrack-ng... for some absurd reason.

I WILL eventually figure out how to get autobuilder compile this package with sqlite=true and unstable=true set as make flags, allowing you access to some of the other tools that aircrack-ng can be compiled with (airolib-ng and the **sside-ng's, and I'm not sure what else). Edit 6: sqlite=true and unstable=true added to debian/rules, so rejoice. airolib-ng and a few other utilities are now added in.

- Edit 4 -
Sent an email to the maintainer of iw requesting that he update without a conflict against aircrack-ng, or at least let me maintain the package if he is unwilling.

- Edit 6 -
For those still reading this first post: When I have time, I will be working on getting an iw into the repository that contains no conflict with aircrack-ng. I can upload new version even without being a maintainer, but it's a pain in the *** to figure out how to, exactly, because last I did it the build failed for i386 but worked for armel. In the meantime, there's a .deb of iw you can download about 20-30 posts into this thread, which doesn't conflict with aircrack-ng.

- Edit 7 -
So I have now also been added to the official maintainers list on aircrack-ng's maemo package interface page, so everyone mentally thank the original maintainer for doing that. I can now promote the packages from -devel to -testing, and I have just now done that. So it's only a matter of time before aircrack-ng makes its way to testing.

Last edited by Mentalist Traceur; 2011-07-22 at 03:22. Reason: Removed "(kinda)" from topic title.

The Following 27 Users Say Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
Posts: 551 | Thanked: 507 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ North West England
The following packages have unmet dependencies:
aircrack-ng: Depends: iw but it is not going to be installed
E: Broken packages

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JohnLF For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by JohnLF View Post
The following packages have unmet dependencies:
aircrack-ng: Depends: iw but it is not going to be installed
E: Broken packages
Ughhh... I had a concern this would happen (because iw and aircrack-ng used to conflict... I guess they still do, not sure how to fix that though). What happens if you apt-get install iw first (if it doesn't work by itself, then after uninstalling aircrack-ng first, the install iw, and then trying to install aircrack-ng again)?

- Edit -

AND there's a dependency on zlib1g for some reason... *Facedesk*(Edit 3: apparently that's supposed to be there for aircrack-ng 1.1, and it's not a bug. Cool, less work for me.)

- Edit 2 -

I figured it out (by manually getting the deb on my N900 and using dpkg --simulate -i on it) - it's iw that conflicts with aircrack-ng... Okay, I'll remove the iw dependency on the aircrack-ng end and then annoy the maintainer of iw to get rid of the conflict on his end.

Last edited by Mentalist Traceur; 2011-05-25 at 14:38.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
Posts: 551 | Thanked: 507 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ North West England
Yep, I manually installed iw and it still complained about the dependancy when installing aircrack. Sorry for delay, my wifi chose to fail so I did all the testing OTA.

[edit] Can you revert in the meantime, as now there is no installable aircrack package in the repositories?

Sorry for delay - was away from computer for a bit since my last post.

I just put another version into the auto-builder. This should have the iw dependency removed.

- Edit -
Build of the next version completed, now it's just a matter of waiting for it to float into the repository.

- Edit 2 -
And it has now appeared in the repository. You should now be able to install aircrack-ng as normal. (Though you do have to get rid of iw if you have it installed, as iw still conflicts with aircrack-ng - I'm writing the maintainer of it an e-mail now. If iw is extremely important to you in the meantime, I have an aircrack-ng 1.1 precompiled uploaded as a bunch of .tar files in another thread], that you can use to install aircrack-ng binaries underneath the dpkg/apt-get system, thus avoiding the conflict with iw.)

Last edited by Mentalist Traceur; 2011-05-25 at 02:23.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
Posts: 723 | Thanked: 519 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Kuching:Malaysia
i just update my aircrack from 1.0.3 to 1.1.....doesnt look much different as i tested....
may i know what did u update from this release my friends???

Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 1,916 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Edmonton, AB
i like your style. don't even apologize. don't answer any questions from people with less than 9000 posts.
ummmmmmmm
conflicts with iw
not cool
i think thats why i did mine like this:
Code:
Source: aircrack-ng-1.1
Section: user/network
Priority: extra
Maintainer: Lance Colton <Lance@unknown>
Build-Depends: debhelper (>= 5)
Standards-Version: 3.7.2

Package: aircrack-ng-1.1
Architecture: any
Depends: ${shlibs:Depends}, ${misc:Depends}, iw
Replaces: aircrack-ng
Description: Aircrack-ng is a set of tools for auditing wireless networks.
 Contains:
  airmon-ng: wifi interface mode switcher
  airodump-ng: wifi discovery and monitoring tool, 
  aireplay-ng: inject packets over wifi
  aircrack-ng: test wifi security (...)
  and more...
  Official website: http://www.aircrack-ng.org
change the name, they can't "conflict" with you :P
(change your package name and replace the original)

here's the rules file too while i'm at it, in case another one ever comes out and we don't update these:

Code:
#!/usr/bin/make -f
# -*- makefile -*-
# Sample debian/rules that uses debhelper.
# This file was originally written by Joey Hess and Craig Small.
# As a special exception, when this file is copied by dh-make into a
# dh-make output file, you may use that output file without restriction.
# This special exception was added by Craig Small in version 0.37 of dh-make.

# Uncomment this to turn on verbose mode.
#export DH_VERBOSE=1

CFLAGS = -Wall -g

ifneq (,$(findstring noopt,$(DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS)))
	CFLAGS += -O0
else
	CFLAGS += -O2
endif

configure: configure-stamp
configure-stamp:
	dh_testdir
	# Add here commands to configure the package.

touch configure-stamp

build: build-stamp

build-stamp: configure-stamp 
	dh_testdir

# Add here commands to compile the package.
	$(MAKE) sqlite=true unstable=true
	#docbook-to-man debian/aircrack-ng-1.1.sgml > aircrack-ng-1.1.1

touch $@

clean:
	dh_testdir
	dh_testroot
	rm -f build-stamp configure-stamp

# Add here commands to clean up after the build process.
	-$(MAKE) clean

dh_clean 

install: build
	dh_testdir
	dh_testroot
	dh_clean -k 
	dh_installdirs

# Add here commands to install the package into debian/aircrack-ng-1.1.
	$(MAKE) DESTDIR=$(CURDIR)/debian/aircrack-ng-1.1 sqlite=true unstable=true install

# Build architecture-independent files here.
binary-indep: build install
# We have nothing to do by default.

# Build architecture-dependent files here.
binary-arch: build install
	dh_testdir
	dh_testroot
	dh_installchangelogs ChangeLog
	dh_installdocs
	dh_installexamples
#	dh_install
#	dh_installmenu
#	dh_installdebconf	
#	dh_installlogrotate
#	dh_installemacsen
#	dh_installpam
#	dh_installmime
#	dh_python
#	dh_installinit
#	dh_installcron
#	dh_installinfo
	dh_installman
	dh_link
	dh_strip
	dh_compress
	dh_fixperms
#	dh_perl
#	dh_makeshlibs
	dh_installdeb
	dh_shlibdeps
	dh_gencontrol
	maemo-optify
	dh_md5sums
	dh_builddeb

binary: binary-indep binary-arch
.PHONY: build clean binary-indep binary-arch binary install configure

Last edited by Creamy Goodness; 2011-05-25 at 07:11.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Creamy Goodness For This Useful Post:
Good work squire, you are now a developer and thus earned yourself the the right to a RM680!

Posts: 298 | Thanked: 341 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ This world :)
Originally Posted by Mentalist Traceur View Post

As of this writing it shows up here in the "Changes" but not in the "Releases": http://maemo.org/packages/view/aircrack-ng/
-Edit 2-
Looks like it has appeared for armel in the releases part too, and the .deb is downloadable from the above package interface link, SO I think that conclusively says the package should be downloadable through Extras-devel as well.

*Shrug*

Anyway, it seems to be in devel (Edit: or it's not in devel yet, and still somewhere in the auto-builder cogs... it's my first time uploading anything so I can't really tell what means what where in all the various parts of maemo.org). I don't have access to internet from my N900 at this exact moment so unfortunately I can't test it at all from device right now.

I can already see the changelog for the version I uploaded just says "debian/changelog"... which is an issue. *Facepalm* I'll get this right eventually. In the meantime, if you're seeing it as an update, that means you've got extras-devel enabled, and if you're in devel, I assume you to be perfectly ready for whatever device breaking horrors my inexperienced uploading unleashes upon your device.

- Edit 3 -

Now temporarily removed the iw dependency, because apparently iw has a conflict on its end with aircrack-ng... for some absurd reason.

I WILL eventually figure out how to get autobuilder compile this package with sqlite=true and unstable=true set as make flags, allowing you access to some of the other tools that aircrack-ng can be compiled with (airolib-ng and the **sside-ng's, and I'm not sure what else).

- Edit 4 -
Sent an email to the maintainer of iw requesting that he update without a conflict against aircrack-ng, or at least let me maintain the package if he is unwilling.
I have been using 1.1 for a while now and don't remember any iw dependency issues with it. Deb attached below.

Enjoy
Attached Files
File Type: deb aircrack-ng-1.1_1.0-1_armel.deb (425.1 KB, 256 views)

Last edited by StefanL; 2011-05-25 at 08:20.

Posts: 856 | Thanked: 1,681 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Aleppo ,Syria
Originally Posted by Mentalist Traceur View Post

-Edit 2-

*Shrug*

- Edit 3 -

I WILL eventually figure out how to get autobuilder compile this package with sqlite=true and unstable=true set as make flags, allowing you access to some of the other tools that aircrack-ng can be compiled with (airolib-ng and the **sside-ng's, and I'm not sure what else).

- Edit 4 -
Well For me i use aircrack-ng 1.1
Here is how:

sudo gainroot
apt-get install aircrack-ng
apt-get install -d iw
mkdir temp
dpkg -x /var/cache/apt/archives/iww*.deb ./temp
cp ./temp/usr/sbin/iw /usr/sbin
chmod 755 /usr/sbin/iw
rm -r temp
apt-get clean

And for wessid-ng tkiptun airolib mdk3 cowpatty genpmk if you want them i will put them in attachment and you only have to place them in /usr/sbin
and chmod them

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to karam For This Useful Post: