Posts: 207 | Thanked: 759 times | Joined on Dec 2014 @ Poland
Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
Yes, I think this is good idea.

Whenever user manually edited these configurations, the OS should leave it as is. Independently of OS version or any changes on whatever location.
But: when these configurations are in its default state, they should get updated with every OS upgrade as well.
Or?
(it should not be too hard to implement a timestamp and change check against the gitlab version on opening this menu?)

Thanks for the hint about 'Reset to default'. I never ever had seen this pulley before!
Thread on TJC created https://together.jolla.com/question/...ng-os-upgrade/

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to atlochowski For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by atlochowski View Post
In SailfishOS you don't need to have wifi or mobile date on to send or receive MMSes. On Android you have to turn on wifi or mobile date but not in SailfishOS.
That's good to know. But still, the problem is that with WIFI on the MMS won't download. Would be much better if that was not the case, as I like to keep WIFI on, when indoors. I'm not sure if it's Sailfish OS or something else (T-Mobile). That's the reason I asked Pichlo. Just want to be able to recieve MMS with WIFI on.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to N77 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 207 | Thanked: 759 times | Joined on Dec 2014 @ Poland
Originally Posted by N77 View Post
That's good to know. But still, the problem is that with WIFI on the MMS won't download. Would be much better if that was not the case, as I like to keep WIFI on, when indoors. I'm not sure if it's Sailfish OS or something else (T-Mobile). That's the reason I asked Pichlo. Just want to be able to recieve MMS with WIFI on.
I'm not pretty sure but in my opinion, it's impossible to download MMS using WIFI.
To clarify, can you download MMS when WIFI is turned off?

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to atlochowski For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by atlochowski View Post
I'm not pretty sure but in my opinion, it's impossible to download MMS using WIFI.
To clarify, can you download MMS when WIFI is turned off?
Sorry, it was in my previous comment. With WIFI off MMS downloads without a problem. I always have Mobile data on for different reasons and that is not an obstacle for receiving MMS. As you said I should receive it even without Mobile data on, which I didn't know.
Anyways, when I have Mobile reception from the provider and WIFI is on that is the only scenario when MMS doesn't download. Therefore I think it's a OS problem. WIFI on/off shouldn't interfere the MMS.
Thanks for opening the question on together.jolla.com. I will post there too.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to N77 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
mosen: Thank you! I do not have a telegram account though.
How do I upgrade to Sailfish OS 3.3?
The same droid egl sink problem with show-frame affects jolla-gallery - any video being played shows black screen (while audio is totally fine).

Thank you. Best wishes.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Per aspera ad astra...

P.S. I am trying to edit id tags of audio files, but I have no idea how to set cover art for an album.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
For Image tagging mp3 i found "MusicBrainz Picard" on desktop to be most convenient.
You can scan online DBs for cover art and mass assign them to folders with that.
If you got your own images you just want to assign, i use EasyTAG on linux.

To update sfos on any device i switched to use and recommend Olfs sfos-upgrade script since it checks for the known dealbreakers and has nice logging.

The less failsafe manual method is as always
Code:
devel-su
ssu re 3.3.0.16
version --dup
Afaiu it is safe to update now that Adam fixed the camera issues yesterday, supplying the two commands @storma linked in the SFOS Proš thread.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 58 | Thanked: 134 times | Joined on Dec 2012 @ Vilnius, Lithuania
Originally Posted by meemorph View Post
Hi, i had the same issue on my beloved JP1301 (The First One). It was caused by an uncomplete update. The phone told it is 3.3. version but had no network! Network was completly dead!

If you have network connections a 'version --dup' could be helpful.

I had no network and did a manual reinstall of the cached packages from the update, that way (be careful):
Code:
devel-su
mv /var/cache/zypp /var/cache/zypp-old
ln -s /home/.pk-zypp-dist-upgrade-cache /var/cache/zypp
zypper dup
rm /var/cache/zypp
mv /var/cache/zypp-old /var/cache/zypp
reboot
And remember, 3.3 is EA. Only install it if you like problems. ;-)
Thank you for these steps!
Update to 3.3.0.16 failed and left my XA2 with permanent flight mode and without network.
After these steps and reboot, I had to (repeat) update to 3.3.0.16 via command line https://jolla.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/a.../201836347#4.3
devel-su
ssu re 3.3.0.16
version --dup
Few file conflicts had to be resolved.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to iceskateclog For This Useful Post:
Just want to be able to recieve MMS with WIFI on.
:'( ME TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

every other mobile OS ive ever seen uses the cellular data to download MMS, even when wifi is turned on. (android/ios/maemo/meego/tizen)

this bug was posted SIX years ago:
https://together.jolla.com/question/...-wifi-enabled/

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wolke For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
version --dup on my Sailfish OS gives nothing provides libstdc++.so.6(CXXABI_1.3.9) needed by geoclue-provider-hybris-binder-0.2.28-1.4.5.jolla.armv7hl

zypper --verify gives product:# This file is copied as hw-release-0.0.1+master.20200502113015.be0be38.2.analogous to os-release is not installableSolution 1: deinstallation of product:# This file is copied as hw-release-0.0.1+master.20200502113015.be0be38.2.analogous to os-release

No idea what to do about either of these messages...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by wolke View Post
Just want to be able to recieve MMS with WIFI on.
:'( ME TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Are you two with the same provider? Maybe the default settings for that provider are wrong. I can receive MMS regardless whether on WiFi or not.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post: