Notices

yea, bluepill is hugely feature rich, but it kept giving me repeat messages (and a few other bugs) and i had to stop using it. when its done, i believe it will be the best matrix client anywhere.

EDIT: it also has the best name, which helps

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wolke For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by wolke View Post
yea, bluepill is hugely feature rich, but it kept giving me repeat messages (and a few other bugs) and i had to stop using it. when its done, i believe it will be the best matrix client anywhere.

EDIT: it also has the best name, which helps
Ok, you said it: release early.

https://gitlab.com/cy8aer/bluepill/-/pipelines

Here you can find the actual state of development. With test-0.0.19 you can log in and see the dashboard with the room list. Crypto included.

Be warned: This does not work together with the PoC. Use a playing machine. Be sure that ~nemo/.config/harbour-bluepill and ~nemo/.local/share/harbour-config is cleared (or moved away).

It is not ready

It will not be ready soon.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cy8aer For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
I wonder if anyone managed to get subscribed rooms listed. I get empty. cy8aer, is it expected? Stdout shows some events, but nothing in gui, but empty Rooms

The Following User Says Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rinigus View Post
I wonder if anyone managed to get subscribed rooms listed. I get empty. cy8aer, is it expected? Stdout shows some events, but nothing in gui, but empty Rooms
The list is full for me. Which version did you try? > 0.0.18? Crypted rooms? Did you restart the client? Did you cleanup ~nemo/.local/share/harbour-bluepill and ~/.cache/harbour-bluepill? Which server - self hosted or matrix.org? When self hosted: another server than matrix-synapse?

Last edited by cy8aer; 2020-08-12 at 18:49.

The Following User Says Thank You to cy8aer For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by cy8aer View Post
The list is full for me. Which version did you try? > 0.0.18? Crypted rooms? Did you restart the client? Did you cleanup ~nemo/.local/share/harbour-bluepill and ~/.cache/harbour-bluepill? Which server - self hosted or matrix.org? When self hosted: another server than matrix-synapse?
Great to hear it is supposed to list rooms.

version: 0.0.19, trying now with .22

crypted rooms: could be some PM rooms, but I don't think so.

client restart: yes, also rebooted phone

cleanup: yes, and done it with the both versions

server: matrix.org

On stdout, I am getting exceptions in, surprise-surprise, client.get_room_list() call at ClientHandler.py(55). Looks like there are some issues with room.gen_avatar_uri) downloads. Exception is
"...ClientPayloadError: Response payload is not completed".

I can paste traceback if needed tonight (in 12h). If you wish, I can do it via opening new issue.

The Following User Says Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rinigus View Post
Great to hear it is supposed to list rooms.

version: 0.0.19, trying now with .22

crypted rooms: could be some PM rooms, but I don't think so.

client restart: yes, also rebooted phone

cleanup: yes, and done it with the both versions

server: matrix.org

On stdout, I am getting exceptions in, surprise-surprise, client.get_room_list() call at ClientHandler.py(55). Looks like there are some issues with room.gen_avatar_uri) downloads. Exception is
"...ClientPayloadError: Response payload is not completed".

I can paste traceback if needed tonight (in 12h). If you wish, I can do it via opening new issue.
Try to write something in one of your crypted rooms and then open the client. There is some crazy thing I found out when I built the gui somehow my joined rooms list does not list crypted rooms somehow after first sync. If you then can see the room this would prove my expectation.

... or create a new crypted room and write something into it (for both - writing into a room or creating a new room can be done with a running client. But it only refreshs the list on getting messages by now...).

I am not sure if it is possible to have crypted avatar images. I tried to build up a new crypted room with another user and it worked out of the box - with avatar picture. But crypted pictures are not implemented. I probably need to except the ClientPayload error. Thanks for the error message.

Ok, it would be better if you open an issue with a traceback please. Eventually it would be nice if you put:

doSend("downloadUrl", url)

at line 550 in

/usr/share/harbour-bluepill/python/bluepill/client.py

(just before the o = urlparse(url)) before making the traceback.

Originally Posted by cy8aer View Post
Ok, it would be better if you open an issue with a traceback please. Eventually it would be nice if you put:

doSend("downloadUrl", url)

at line 550 in

/usr/share/harbour-bluepill/python/bluepill/client.py

(just before the o = urlparse(url)) before making the traceback.
Thanks, I will do it tonigh

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post: