Notices

Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
Originally Posted by cy8aer View Post
With 3.4.0.22 there is a dependency problem when I tried to install it again (after reflashing...): It cannot find libicuuc.so.63
It was raised at OpenRepos as well. Not much I will be able to do about it until OBS targets will be pushed to 3.4.0.x. That should arrive at some point, as confirmed today at the community meeting.

Part of "EA", I guess, is to sit home without offline maps and figuring out why all is breaking in the phone.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
New OSM maps are imported and available. Cannot say the same regarding 3.4.0.x support - OBS still lacks the target.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Perhaps something that has been asked/documented/explained in the past, but I cannot find it relatively easily: how feasible is to build OSM Scout Server for SFOS with their SDK? Is it a matter of performing the following?
- Installing all dependencies in the SDK Build Engine (for all required sb2 targets)
- For the ones not available in the step above, build them too
- Finally build OSM Scout Server

I do understand that this is not a simple and quick endeavour, but would I be missing anything critical and/or is there any dependency that is difficult to build+install in such way?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ggabriel For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ggabriel View Post
Perhaps something that has been asked/documented/explained in the past, but I cannot find it relatively easily: how feasible is to build OSM Scout Server for SFOS with their SDK? Is it a matter of performing the following?
- Installing all dependencies in the SDK Build Engine (for all required sb2 targets)
- For the ones not available in the step above, build them too
- Finally build OSM Scout Server

I do understand that this is not a simple and quick endeavour, but would I be missing anything critical and/or is there any dependency that is difficult to build+install in such way?
Yes, you should be able to build it on SDK. You may have to increase allocated RAM for it, though.

Installation of dependencies available at SFOS repos is done automatically by `mb2`. So, you will have to only compile and install the missing ones into SDK.

I would start from OSM Scout Server and then work backwards to fulfill dependencies.

Packages are available at https://build.merproject.org/project...e:rinigus:maps and some at https://build.merproject.org/project...inigus:toolbox . Note that opt-gcc (plain and 6) are not needed.

But it will take a while to compile. Expect spending significant amount of time (hours) on it.

OBS, as far as I understood, is bit broken due to some infra breakage. Hopefully, it will be fixed soon. But that is out of our control.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
@rinigus: sooner or later (with working sdk) you will swap to SFOS 3.4 too. And - according to actual restrictions in most european countries ;-) - I might have the time for this...

By the way: does someone have recipes to tune up compilation times for stuff like that? I get problems with the compilation of my projects now too, thought it is only 10 minutes by now...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cy8aer For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by cy8aer View Post
@rinigus: sooner or later (with working sdk) you will swap to SFOS 3.4 too. And - according to actual restrictions in most european countries ;-) - I might have the time for this...

By the way: does someone have recipes to tune up compilation times for stuff like that? I get problems with the compilation of my projects now too, thought it is only 10 minutes by now...
My swap will come with OBS target, as I have to update a port of Sony Tama (6 variants) before that. Compared to that, maps stack update should be way easier.

As for lockdowns, on the basis of the previous one, I would expect less time for hobby projects than I have when all works normally.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rinigus View Post
Yes, you should be able to build it on SDK. You may have to increase allocated RAM for it, though.
Sure, already up, and upped CPU's too. No reason to leave defaults when there is processing power available

Installation of dependencies available at SFOS repos is done automatically by `mb2`. So, you will have to only compile and install the missing ones into SDK.
I've been using qtcreator for now - will investigate mb2 as I prefer the CLI.

I would start from OSM Scout Server and then work backwards to fulfill dependencies.
Right, so I started this and it's as fun as it is. However, before I dig deeper into my current rabbit hole, mapnik needs libicuuc.so.63, but SFOS 3.4 target has version 66 (confusingly, libicu package) - will this be a matter of cloning pkg-mapnik and creating another rpm for mapnik (adjusting whatever version needed, of course)? mapnik says it prefers libicuuc >= 4.2, I believe 66 is significantly bigger than 4.2, unless I have something categorically wrong - mathematics or package names

Thanks!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ggabriel For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ggabriel View Post
Right, so I started this and it's as fun as it is. However, before I dig deeper into my current rabbit hole, mapnik needs libicuuc.so.63, but SFOS 3.4 target has version 66 (confusingly, libicu package) - will this be a matter of cloning pkg-mapnik and creating another rpm for mapnik (adjusting whatever version needed, of course)? mapnik says it prefers libicuuc >= 4.2, I believe 66 is significantly bigger than 4.2, unless I have something categorically wrong - mathematics or package names

Thanks!
I suggest to get the same packages as referred to by OBS. Keep an eye on selected branch, it is not always "master". For all packages, make sure that you clone recursively or ensure that submodules are pulled and synced

I expect that you don't need to alter anything in RPM SPEC. Unless they changed ICU packages names - happens once in a while to keep us on the toes

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
I suggest to get the same packages as referred to by OBS. Keep an eye on selected branch, it is not always "master". For all packages, make sure that you clone recursively or ensure that submodules are pulled and synced
This is kind of working, and making slow progress as I'm honestly playing around with this I do appreciate a bit more why we need OBS and updated targets for the community.

Quick question (while I hack): OBS has valhalla-lite 3.0.9 http://repo.merproject.org/obs/home:...jolla.i486.rpm - but your pkg-valhalla-lite repository's RPM spec is 3.0.8, am I missing something? I'll be hacking the version for now, but was just wondering whether I am on the wrong track. For context, I am rebuilding that as (I think) it needs to be relinked with at least protobuf in 3.4 targets.

UPDATE: success, and whoever bumps into this post, history has gone on and a proper RPM is in openrepos.

Last edited by ggabriel; 2020-11-22 at 11:39.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ggabriel For This Useful Post:
Re 3.0.9: it's probably I forgot to change in the SPEC. OBS makes that automatically while compiling

Re OBS importance: I guess we need to point everyone asking why do we have to wait for OBS to repeat your exercise.

Easy test - switch Pure Maps to offline and try to search for something. Search results are not cached between runs, so it should work only if the server is working.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:

Tags
geocoder, linux, offline maps, router, sailfish os, tiles