Active Topics

Originally Posted by Jonkki View Post
Sorry for a obviously stupid question, but how the hell do you press ctrl-shift-o without hw keyboard slided out?
You press ctrl+shift+o and after you have to close the keyboard or it wont go to portrait mode

Having Extras-Devel and Extras-Testing enabled on your N900 can cause :

PMS, constipation, diarrhea and Menopause !!!

... and also can ...very rarely Brick your phone !

Can you touch the screen to zoom into pictures (like in the web browser) or is it still only with the volume key to zoom in and out

Posts: 219 | Thanked: 94 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Helsinki, Finland
Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
Still no FULL UI portrait mode. Still holding my breath lol
Portrait mode support is and should be application specific. If you mean portrait for desktop, that could be feasable. Still portrait mode for desktop makes desktop somewhat limited. E.g. you can't have widgets with width greater than 400p and you need some kind of snap to grid functionality to re-position widgets between landscape and portrait mode. Alternatively you could set the positions manually for both modes - which actually sounds better to me.

Posts: 47 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Masku, Finland
The flash seems work a lot better, before speedtest.net would stuter and also the game I tried, now they're both a lot smoother.

Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
Originally Posted by les_garten View Post
Calendar SUX, agreed. I guess nobody uses Calendar on their Device except me and you!
You two might want to have some input here.

The Following User Says Thank You to RevdKathy For This Useful Post:
Ok, portrait works, but desperately needs rearranging text.

Originally Posted by rebhana View Post
I haven't upgraded yet, so I would be interested in knowing whether de-installing vpnc before the upgrade to 1.1, and re-installing thereafter would solve this problem. Or would one have to add the above /etc/maemo-dhcp.d/60_vpnc anyway to make PR1.1 compatible with vpnc_0.5.8-0m5_armel.deb?
Uninstallation of vpnc_0.5.8-0m5_armel.deb leaves the hack in file '/etc/udhcpc/libicd_network_ipv4.script'. You anyway need to use the 'mv' command to fix the file. I actually recommend nut uninstalling vpnc. By creating file '60_vpnc' your old vpnc should work. If you reinstall vpnc, it again hacks /etc/udhcpc/libicd_network_ipv4.script and you can be in trouble again if some future firmware wants to change the file.

One alternative is of course to flash the device, but with any linux competence the manual steps should be the easiest alternative.

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...8&postcount=41

Sorry for a obviously stupid question, but how the hell do you press ctrl-shift-o without hw keyboard slided out?
he means it doesnt work if you have keyboard slide out but once you close it and rotate the phone it should work ... fine

here is another way :

open web browser with keyboard slide out then call your phone ... close the keyboard, turn the phone into portrait and voila

Ok, portrait works, but desperately needs rearranging text.
it's not ready yet that;s why it's easter egg release ... im sure the next update will improve it ... hopefully a virtual portrait keyboard as well

Posts: 579 | Thanked: 471 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Austria
Originally Posted by juaalto View Post
Uninstallation of vpnc_0.5.8-0m5_armel.deb leaves the hack in file '/etc/udhcpc/libicd_network_ipv4.script'. You anyway need to use the 'mv' command to fix the file. I actually recommend nut uninstalling vpnc. By creating file '60_vpnc' your old vpnc should work. If you reinstall vpnc, it again hacks /etc/udhcpc/libicd_network_ipv4.script and you can be in trouble again if some future firmware wants to change the file.

One alternative is of course to flash the device, but with any linux competence the manual steps should be the easiest alternative.

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...8&postcount=41
Thanks a lot for the advice!

I'm actually still uncertain whether to update to PR1.1 in view of the problems that I saw reported with WIFI connectivity and SSH problems,

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...296#post472296 and
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=40567

and the fact that upgrading to PR1.1 cannot be undone because of FW issues. I'm too happy with how things are working under PR1.0.1

Tags
goodbye, sad sadavyk and messus