Notices

Posts: 800 | Thanked: 957 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ India
Will this be available in the repos soon?

I don't think so... I have strictly zero experience in packaging .debs and of course even less in how the maemo repos work...

I have a feeling it would take me more time to learn all that than to code the app itself, and I already have too little time as it is.

The entire source is in the .tgz package however, so if someone more knowledgeable wants to make a .deb out of it, even if it's not in a repo, that could at least help some.

now its working... thanks a lot for this app... very useful and light weight. kudos to you brother

Posts: 561 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Spain
Originally Posted by fpp View Post
I can't reproduce this, can you telle me more about how/when that happens ?
Normally:

- if you use the default mode, you create the title with the 'note creation' screen (with presets, date etc.). When you validate that, the next 'note view' screen does have focus on the (empty) note body field, because the title is supposed to be done.

- if you check 'dimple mode' in Settings, and create new notes directly in the 'note view' screen, the empty title field has the focus.

Do you see otherwise ?
When I create a new note and I try to write something nothing happens, I have to to click the text box labeled "Title" first or the letters doesn't appear in the screen.

I discovered that after reflash the N900 and reinstall your application I don't have this problem anymore.

Originally Posted by fpp View Post
Well, I don't think it would make much sense for me to go down that way, for two reasons.

First, there are already several good apps that do such things : portable Wikis like Treeview or Zim, and Conboy which supports Rich Text. No good reason to create yet another IMHO.

Second, as ejasmudar already said, SnXM's original goal is to be a Simplenote client, and Simplenote's choice is to be fast, lean, simple and use only Plain Text. Anything I add to SnXM that is not supported by Simplenote will not be very useful.

My short-term goals for SnXM is to support Simplenote API V2, especially tags. Then to "add value" to the client with an efficient UI to add tags to notes, better search, and maybe an original idea or two, but always staying compatible with the Web version.
Upon reflection, I understand better your opinion.

I come from the world of Palm. I appreciate the simple applications such as notebook Palm OS (Garnet).

This application was very comfortable and easy to use. Especially the option to put labels to use categories and work quickly. I mean, if I want to make a reference to another note I'm writing, it is much easier to link directly instead of search for it.

@fpp, saw the post in Planet Maemo. I see what you mean now.

The Following User Says Thank You to ejasmudar For This Useful Post:
Thank you ! For those who didn't see it, that post on my blog explains in more detail my answer to ejasmudar about packaging SnXM for Maemo :

http://fredp.lautre.net/blog/2010/10...ot-to-package/

@fpp, after unzipping to a folder, and installing it there, can i just move the folder to someplace else and if i run the .setup file again, it will work?

Yes, it should. Another way is to simply edit the first line of the 'snxm' shell script in /home/user, and put the new path there.

Posts: 39 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Russia, Moscow
Hi, thanks for the app.

One more thing: If you move the folder make sure the path doesn't contain spaces - if it does you'll have to add "\" in /home/user/snxm manually

The Following User Says Thank You to Oleg For This Useful Post:
Thanks for the warning. Personally I consider "spaces in path" is a Windows thing (and fraught enough with problems), so I *never* do it in Linux, so I hadn't even thought of it :-)