Active Topics

Posts: 674 | Thanked: 191 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Buenos Aires, Argentina
Today I started to suffer this problem:

1) I merge manually (or automatically) contacts.

2) My battery starts to drain since tracker-store reach over 95% of CPU usage. Once I left it running more than an hour to see if it dies eventually (it did not) and the phone got really hot.

3) I execute 'tracker-control --kill=store' to stop the battery draining process.

4) Some of my contacts split. I think all of them are contacts with Skype accounts.

Anyone else with this problem?

Any solution?

Thanks.

The Following User Says Thank You to alephito For This Useful Post:
Posts: 674 | Thanked: 191 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Buenos Aires, Argentina
Apparently, disabling and re-enabling my Skype account calmed tracker-store down.

The Following User Says Thank You to alephito For This Useful Post:
Posts: 738 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Can you recall the bug #? I will vote for it too!
More synchronization options for contacts, it is assigned, I just hope it ends up fixed.

Also another point:
I keep switching between the alphabetical view (for my favorite contacts) and the status view (for my online contacts), and it needs 3 actions each time, which seems a lot to me. I don't know if other people do the same, but if so, a faster switch would be apreciated (there is space in the middle of the toolbar for example)

The Following User Says Thank You to erendorn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 292 | Thanked: 294 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Milan, Italy
I checked this thread but I don't have the time to read the whole of it, so sorry if this has already been asked.

I noticed that my facebook contacts don't get updated in my N9 contacts list, I've added several on the web in the past few days but they don't show up on my phone. Is there a way I can sync them? Shouldn't it do it automatically? I've tried to "import" them via the import function of the address book, but it complaints that I already have a facebook account (which in fact I have :P).

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009

Originally Posted by alephito View Post
Apparently, disabling and re-enabling my Skype account calmed tracker-store down.
That's weird, I've not seen anyone report that before...
Probably best to report it in the bug-tracker, especially if it's reproducible.
Even if it's not, it still may be worthwhile if you've gathered logs etc.

Originally Posted by erendorn View Post
Also another point:
I keep switching between the alphabetical view (for my favorite contacts) and the status view (for my online contacts), and it needs 3 actions each time, which seems a lot to me. I don't know if other people do the same, but if so, a faster switch would be apreciated (there is space in the middle of the toolbar for example)
Lodge an enhancement request in the bug-tracker...
It'll probably end-up as a WONTFIX (esp. if a certain dev sees it ) but it's better than not trying.
If you put the the request in your sig, & mention it at every opportunity, others will vote.

Last edited by jalyst; 2012-02-03 at 17:49.

Originally Posted by Watchmaker View Post
I checked this thread but I don't have the time to read the whole of it, so sorry if this has already been asked.

I noticed that my facebook contacts don't get updated in my N9 contacts list, I've added several on the web in the past few days but they don't show up on my phone. Is there a way I can sync them? Shouldn't it do it automatically? I've tried to "import" them via the import function of the address book, but it complaints that I already have a facebook account (which in fact I have :P).
Sorry for the auto-quote

Can anybody please tell me if this is a known issue I missed, or something new? Is there a solution?

Thanks to an helpful user on the my-meego forum I found out how/when Facebook contacts are synced with the phone contact list... and that is when you set your availability to 'online'! I never figured it out because I rarely use Facebook chat.

Hope this info will be helpful to someone else, to me it sure is...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Watchmaker For This Useful Post:
Posts: 192 | Thanked: 82 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ south of France
Hi.
I'm sorry, but I can't find anything about contacts groups (I'm french, and sometimes it's hard with english...).
I've got a problem, to send sms to a group of contacts: for some of them, the phone number used isn't mobile number, but "home" or "work" fix number!
How is it possible to fix that?
I tried to edit each contact, no way...
With N900, it was possible to choose wich kind of numbers you should send sms, I can't find nothing like that with N9...
HELP!!!