Originally Posted by Dinho View Post
Having Sygic to provide a voice-guided turn-by-turn satnav application for N900 is great. But nobody would argue that having OviMaps for N900 upgraded to have voice guidance for free (a la Symbian phones) wouldn't be better.
Personally, I'd rather have a free version from Nokia than have to buy one from Sygic, especially since there is no US version available yet.
US version of sygic has been out for a while now. It's very good

Posts: 805 | Thanked: 440 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Mississauga, On
Ovi maps for symbian is much better than sygic. Visually and functionality wise.

I'm so tired of reading you losers defending Nokia, we paid for a good phone, we want good applications. If you disagree then get the hell out of this thread. Ovi Maps for maemo is ****. Period. It's a terrible app, that does not compare to the Ovi Maps 3.0 that is available for garbage symbian devices.

We bought this phone expecting greatness, and expecting that Nokia would connect it's great software and services to it. It makes no sense at all for Nokia to ignore the n900, and its stupid as hell for you fanboys to defend them. I love the n900, but Nokia screwed up, and should have to make ammendments.

Sign the petition, or get the hell out.

Thank you

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to joshua.maverick For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by JulmaHerra View Post
Oh crap... how many times this conversation has been repeated with absolutely nothing new in it?

I don't really see how Nokia is misleading customers on N900. Originally it was marketed as an early adopter device. Very powerful early adopter device. When I ordered mine, there was no mention about free Ovi Maps and I knew that it doesn't have navigation feature packed. When they came up with turning Ovi Maps navigation to free of charge service, I was thinking about selling the device, but decided that other features, apps etc. balance pros and cons so that there is not really any point in selling the device. Thinking about cons of Symbian S60 and weighting them against only one feature, it would be just insane to switch over. I have N97 Mini as my work phone and would NEVER change my N900 for it. Only reason I don't use N900 at work is that I'm stuck with Lotus Notes (yep... for some reason it is still used...) which is not supported on Maemo.

If Nokia didn't release Ovi Maps for free, we would not be repeating this row of complains over and over again. We would happily buy the software from Sygic and honestly, I recommend that option if you are in dire need for navigation. It's good for the platform that people buy good software, because that is the only way software developers will get interested in Maemo/MeeGo platform. This is just one realities we all have to accept - Maemo is different from Symbian S60, it has different set of features, different set of software/apps and different roadmap for development.

I believe that eventually Ovi Maps with full feature set will come for N900 also, but i wouldn't hold my breath waiting. There really would be no point putting much effort to current Ovi Maps for Maemo since it will be dying breed anyway. Future is with Qt and it will take some time to get everything rolling with it. Afterall, milestone for such version is set for Harmattan. Meanwhile, Sygic can have the market and I gladly accept it, for reasons I already mentioned.

You should hold your breath. For a few minutes, or at least until you stop posting.

The Following User Says Thank You to joshua.maverick For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by joshua.maverick View Post
Ovi maps for symbian is much better than sygic. Visually and functionality wise.

I'm so tired of reading you losers defending Nokia, we paid for a good phone, we want good applications. If you disagree then get the hell out of this thread. Ovi Maps for maemo is ****. Period. It's a terrible app, that does not compare to the Ovi Maps 3.0 that is available for garbage symbian devices.

We bought this phone expecting greatness, and expecting that Nokia would connect it's great software and services to it. It makes no sense at all for Nokia to ignore the n900, and its stupid as hell for you fanboys to defend them. I love the n900, but Nokia screwed up, and should have to make ammendments.

Thank you
Amen to that.

And to all of the fanboys claiming that Nokia hasnt mentioned navigation for the n900.

http://maemo.nokia.com/n900/

Find your position quickly and accurately with the built-in Assisted-GPS receiver. The Nokia N900 works seamlessly with Ovi Maps to give you the quickest available route as you make your way from A to B.

Quoted from the official website. Please pay attention to the highlited part of the text.Sounds like navigation to me.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cryox92 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 291 | Thanked: 59 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Manchester, UK
Signed, Donated, Shared on FBook

The Following User Says Thank You to Nipperoid For This Useful Post:
Posts: 99 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Ecuador
Originally Posted by joshua.maverick View Post

Thank you
Soooooooooo bad mannered... Your wining doesnt help a bit...

Thank you

The Following User Says Thank You to maguitodelrock For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by maguitodelrock View Post

Thank you
Wow...looks like Nokia has created worse fanboys than Apple has.

Originally Posted by maguitodelrock View Post

Thank you
lol winner winner chicken dinner

Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
People don't understand that Nokia is actually working on it... So why do we need to petition for something that they are already working on?

The Following User Says Thank You to bandora For This Useful Post: