Originally Posted by Ronaldo View Post
will update later today after a bit of use, can say that battery graph is saying 1222mAh
BatteryGraph gets its data from hal, which gets it from bme, which measures the reistance between BSI and GND on the battery.

Or, in plain english: it means nothing. Put a bigger resistor in the battery, and the reported capacity will be bigger. They probably just copied the resistor in original batteries.

The Following User Says Thank You to shadowjk For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by telnet View Post
I dont really like using cheapo non spec batteries but you may have to run a few charge/discharge cycles before it gets to 100% capacity.
This is false. Check batteryuniversity on Lithium-Ion, or even wikipedia.

The battery gas gauge chip in N900, bq27200, which is not used for displaying remaining capacity, does learn capacity if you do a full charge - discharge cycle. However, the threshold for learning is very low, and very close to the threshold where n900 shuts down. So, it's hard to get the n900 to stay on long enough for the battery chip to learn the capacity, and no software currently uses the learned capacity for anything.

I repeat that currently the only good way to benchmark batteries is to compare from fully charged battery, in offline mode, how long the phone lasts playing mp3 or video in a loop...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shadowjk For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by shadowjk View Post
Even if it made your n900 thicker?
I don't see any problem, I'm not gonna get paid better for having a slimmer tablet inside my pockets. Not flaming, but so much people cares TOO much for it getting some extra millimeters.

Posts: 549 | Thanked: 299 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Australian in the Philippines
Originally Posted by TH3ORY View Post
Yes but if its just a Gold casing and not Gold conductors then its no good is it ?
You're not serious are you? Please tell me this is sarcasm.

Gold conductors will make absolutely no measurable difference - you could just as easily use metal coat hangars and get the same performance. Gold is used because of its resistance to corrosion.

I purchased this battery and instead of the '1750' power it proclaimed it only charged to about 1200 which is a bit lower than an authentic Nokia battery. I emailed the eBay vendor and they refunded my money and told me to keep the battery also, so for the price I paid it's well worth it, but anymore than $0 junk it!!!

Originally Posted by nokia.fan View Post
I purchased this battery and instead of the '1750' power it proclaimed it only charged to about 1200 which is a bit lower than an authentic Nokia battery. I emailed the eBay vendor and they refunded my money and told me to keep the battery also, so for the price I paid it's well worth it, but anymore than $0 junk it!!!
how did u check it out?

I don't know about you guys but I bought this battery here at Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/2050mAh-Batter...tery+For+Nokia

Advertised as 2050 mAh
I tested and it charged up full to 660mAh or more.

Don't let the numbers fool you because this battery is AMAZING!! I believe i can use the phone for 2 straight days w/ regular usage such as text and phone call and music which mean it can last up to 48hrs of normal usage. Now compare that to my stock battery....there's no comparison, my stock battery from going to work and leaving work is all but dead for normal usage. Also, this NEW battery DOES NOT DRAINED!! I think if i leave it alone and never use the phone, it will last forever...well maybe not forever, but weeks and weeks. The reason i say this is because from the time i went to sleep to waking up and looking at the batterygraph, i see virtually a straight line slight slight unnoticeable decline for 8 hrs!!! That means it DOES NOT drained like the stock battery. I don't know about any other batteries like the SCUD or how those perform but this battery is the bomb so far. I just ordered another spare one.

Last edited by romanianusa; 2012-10-20 at 16:55.

The Following User Says Thank You to romanianusa For This Useful Post: