Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
See, that is the point, once mobile users have no access to flash ads, flash will fade away in a couple months, as web will change in such a way, that it will allow those ads to reach their destination. And flash on desktop will be shortly to follow, as no sane website will keep two different sets of ads - one for desktop and one for mobile, if latter is supported on desktop too.

At least that is how I see it
Superior ways find its way to the users. If they are superior. It's like Android devices isn't released for several months and let windows or something else a chance.

That is not how it should work.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2012-06-30 at 12:16.

Posts: 874 | Thanked: 316 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ London UK
So Steve Jobs was right after all?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rebski For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,918 | Thanked: 3,118 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ My pants
Originally Posted by Rebski View Post
So Steve Jobs was right after all?
This is interesting, Steve said it from the beginning.

The Following User Says Thank You to ammyt For This Useful Post:
Maybe finally we will get rid of this piece of crap once and forever.
Everything moves to HTML5, one general platform available for the whole, finally?

4.1 doesn't (officially) support Flash.
However, they've been saying the latest plugin (4.0.3+) works on 4.1 flawlessly.

So I guess Flash isn't dead. And the next iteration of (major, not incremental) Android would certainly break compatability. Though I guess there will be some sort of open-source effort which might bring it back.

However, that will be a short lived feature, afterwards its certainly gone for good.
The only way you'd be able to have Flash after that, is if a reputable company (Opera/Firefox) actually incorporates it into their App: web browser. It would be clunky for most things, but online videos may still work.

I'm flattered

I'm good not having Flash, as long as no other being has it as well :P

The Following User Says Thank You to ammyt For This Useful Post:
See, that is the point, once mobile users have no access to flash ads, flash will fade away in a couple months, as web will change in such a way, that it will allow those ads to reach their destination. And flash on desktop will be shortly to follow, as no sane website will keep two different sets of ads - one for desktop and one for mobile, if latter is supported on desktop too.

At least that is how I see it
I'm not so confident that the migration away from flash will be so quick or so smooth for all websites. Take restaurants for example. They have a hard enough time keeping their websites up and current. Are they really going to be on top of this transition? Even xvideos.com has mostly flash content--what of that!?

I've surfed with my iPad2 with no flash, and there are noticeable problems accessing content due to lack of flash. But, in the end, my attitude is, “Thou art not paid for thy methods, but rather for thy results.” So long as I can see the content I want, and block the content I don't want, I'm good to go.

im wondering how many people will hold back from upgrading if flash became unstable for jelly bean especially if you cant access your favorite website that got flash content.

Posts: 293 | Thanked: 163 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ beijing-islamabad
man ,did you ever notice the frustration which i-fruits do have on their faces while knowing N900 plays most of flash stream and their latest most incredible ifruit till date cant do so.flash have the importance for sure but then again open source is an other way around.MAKE IT OPEN SOURCE SO THAT WE GET EVERYTHING IN ORDER shouting half way.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Well. Air is still supported.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...