Notices

Poll: Do you want a standard qwerty in landscape mode?
Poll Options
Do you want a standard qwerty in landscape mode?

Posts: 3 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Russia, Vladivostok
Yes I know about changing layout in Settings. But russian layout needs two more letter buttons to be full
So if the program is still being developed, a have a request:
I need a comfortable way to switch between languages. It is very painful to go to the Settings to type one letter in English. It doesnt matter how it will be implemented. I think the èòù button is very comfortable for this function.

Can anyone tell me if there a way to make my own layout?

The Following User Says Thank You to Sanis For This Useful Post:
Posts: 329 | Thanked: 505 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Israel
Originally Posted by realsportcars View Post
#Damned wifi router I lose my long answer #
I'm rewriting it short...

Thank you damagedspline for hebrew integration...I will write you a PM when I will be free from university exams...

I think that I will develop FastSMS only as base for FastSMSEvo from now on and I hope that this will be hit extra-repo soon
Its been over 9 months since that and still no Hebrew layout... would you mind if i change the code and add it myself?

I'll send you the the full changes list in a couple of days so you can add it to the mainstream.

Edit:
Since I add a new layout, any other new layouts required? I noticed the lack of Arabic... I can add it as well.

Edit 2:
For future reference, to get Hebrew support running I changed the following files = core.h, kb_qwerty.cpp, dialogsettings.ui, kb_alfanum.cpp, kb_alfanum.h, keyboardmanager.cpp, keyboard.cpp, fastsmswidget.cpp, recipient.cpp

Edit 3:
I also took the liberty of "fixing" the issue with the missing "&" sign on the symbol layouts

Last edited by damagedspline; 2011-12-27 at 12:31. Reason: One more fix added

The Following User Says Thank You to damagedspline For This Useful Post:
Hebrew layout is ready - Arabic is work in progress.

Currently Arabic layout is missing Kaf and I am thinking how to work around it (maybe relocate the key to the Shifted layout, or replace the ENG key with it - but that means no multilayout...). Any ideas regarding that are welcomed!

I have not yet implemented the Shifted layout for Arabic, I will need assistance with which letters should be in it.

Demo video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5f3V3kg9Ug

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to damagedspline For This Useful Post:
Since there was no feedback regarding the Hebrew/Arabic support, I have shared the prebuilt deb file and the packaged source files in their current states.

source files
fastsms v0.5.9 deb file with Hebrew layout and WIP Arabic layout

great job

you can substitute for me ک with ة

please help me

Originally Posted by pedsarjon View Post
great job

you can substitute for me ک with ة

please help me
Done, also added پ ژ گ چ that were requested.

Deb link
Sources link - changes were only made to kb_qwerty.cpp

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to damagedspline For This Useful Post:
Posts: 336 | Thanked: 129 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ portugal
hi guys...is anyone maintaining or developing this?..i was looking for a replacement VK and i just installed this, so much practical, prettier and ergonomic than the stock one...still a problem that makes it almost useless..i dont see a «enter» key...am i missing something?

Originally Posted by ed_boner View Post
hi guys...is anyone maintaining or developing this?..i was looking for a replacement VK and i just installed this, so much practical, prettier and ergonomic than the stock one...still a problem that makes it almost useless..i dont see a «enter» key...am i missing something?
the 'enter' key is the green key (next to space)

Posts: 336 | Thanked: 129 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ portugal
Originally Posted by damagedspline View Post
the 'enter' key is the green key (next to space)
That key only makes a paragraph right?
in the standard VK if i press «enter», when i am making an IM, or when i am writing in xterm, or when i am in microB and enter a search, the VK disapears and the action takes place...how to do this with fastSMS?...so far i write what i want and still have to open phisical keyboard to press enter...

Originally Posted by ed_boner View Post
That key only makes a paragraph right?
in the standard VK if i press «enter», when i am making an IM, or when i am writing in xterm, or when i am in microB and enter a search, the VK disapears and the action takes place...how to do this with fastSMS?...so far i write what i want and still have to open phisical keyboard to press enter...
after pressing the enter key, press on the blurry part above the vkb to close it. The vkb will be closed and the enter will be invoked in the app after the text.