Notices

Poll: Do you want a standard qwerty in landscape mode?
Poll Options
Do you want a standard qwerty in landscape mode?

Posts: 336 | Thanked: 129 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ portugal
invoked?how is that?in mocrob or xterm for example..a straight forward example..open exterm..type "root"...how do i activate the command line i jst wrote?..have to open phisical keryboard and press "enter"?i dont get why this green key is not simply emulating the physical keyboard or stock vb...would be much more usable..dont you agree?...too bad im not a programmer so there is nothing i can do..hoping that someone realises this and can change it.

Posts: 329 | Thanked: 505 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Israel
Originally Posted by ed_boner View Post
invoked?how is that?in mocrob or xterm for example..a straight forward example..open exterm..type "root"...how do i activate the command line i jst wrote?..have to open phisical keryboard and press "enter"?i dont get why this green key is not simply emulating the physical keyboard or stock vb...would be much more usable..dont you agree?...too bad im not a programmer so there is nothing i can do..hoping that someone realises this and can change it.
Please understand that in most cases, you would want the enter key in the vkb not to close the vkb automatically. For example when writing a note, an SMS, an e-mail, a calendar entry description, etc... when you press enter in those cases, you really want an new line and not to close the vkb.

regarding the terminal/web. write your command/address, press enter (in the vkb), press on the top of the vkb to close it. you don't have to press enter in the hw kb.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to damagedspline For This Useful Post:
Stock vk answers really well all the situations you mentioned..Anyway..If you believe you know better than nokia or other companies that produce same kind ofpeoducts and if you believe that using a non standard behaviour is good...As i said i do not know programming or coding so there is nothing i can do about it..But stick with the ugly stock because at least is standard and functional.Tks anyway.

Originally Posted by ed_boner View Post
Stock vk answers really well all the situations you mentioned..Anyway..If you believe you know better than nokia or other companies that produce same kind ofpeoducts and if you believe that using a non standard behaviour is good...As i said i do not know programming or coding so there is nothing i can do about it..But stick with the ugly stock because at least is standard and functional.Tks anyway.

no his work its great and he is developer.

The Following User Says Thank You to pedsarjon For This Useful Post:
i imagined he was...and its work is great..just dont agree in this poit about the behaviour of the key..thats all..

how can i turn off the fast write on portarait mode??please help me..thanks...

Any chance FastSMS can be ported to N9?

The Following User Says Thank You to nbedford For This Useful Post:
hipeople. can anybody tell me how to open fastsms thru x terminal please?

(i want to make it a shortcut with long press camera button on the Shortcut d app)

thanks

Posts: 4,118 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
What about
Code:
dbus-send --print-reply --dest=it.rsc.fastsms / it.rsc.fastsms.standalone

Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
What about
Code:
dbus-send --print-reply --dest=it.rsc.fastsms / it.rsc.fastsms.standalone
thanks. works fine.