Active Topics

Notices

Hi all,

I'm often using the mobile version of Facebook m.facebook.com and frequently encounter XML parsing errors. Please see tha attached screenshot.

Is this a Facebook problem or is it something on my N810 tablet?

Thanks for your advise.
Attached Images

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
This only happens of a more strict content-type is used like xhtml+xml. This content-type is usually used for inline SVG or MathML, so maybe Facebook detects MicroB as Firefox 3 and tries to feed it this, but MicroB has 3.0 alpha engine, so doesn't support all these features. Try with Fennec/Midori/Tear browsers?

Just in case anyone else stumbles over this thread... I haven't tried Fennec or another browser yet. Instead I have tried changing the user agent string to Blazer because I wanted to be identified as a mobile browser on other websites. But I still have the same xml parsing errors from time to time.

I have that same problem, it's happened to me on a couple of other sites. but facebook is by far the most regular problem site. I have tried fennec I have had a lot of usability issues, especially when it comes to trying and do stuff like type in user names and passwords.

I tried changing my useragent as well but in my case to the iphone. But if the problem is that there is something wrong the rendering engine I doubt that changing the useragent will do any good

Last edited by Deadpool; 2009-06-26 at 18:42.