Notices

Originally Posted by sgleo87 View Post
I just downloaded and installed the gweled .deb and it works on the n900! I like it a little bit better than battlegweled because it has music and 2 modes (timed and untimed) but both work pretty well. Now, back to playing Bejeweled
Hi, I downloaded gweled_0.3.2_armel.deb, placed it in the n900 document folder, but I have no idea how to install it.

Can someone instruct me how to install this application?

Thank you

Larry

Posts: 1,559 | Thanked: 1,786 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Boston
Hey, that's a pretty sweet bejeweled clone.

Tangigi, it's in Extras-devel. Be warned that that means it's untested, possibly flawed software that could cause you trouble. It is optified, meaning it won't fill up your root filesystem. Beyond that, it didn't cause my N900 to burst into flames during, ahem, "testing".

Here's a bit about why you should use the repository instead of a deb to install apps.

PS I love, loooove the new autobuilder server. It took about as long as it took me to make this post for the server to build the package and notify me.
[2010-01-03 07:10:03] Processing package gweled 0.3.2-1. Uploader: flandry, builder: builder2
[2010-01-03 07:11:09] gweled 0.3.2-1 has been queued for loading into fremantle extras-devel repository

Unofficial PR1.3/Meego 1.1 FAQ

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?
MAME: an arcade in your pocket
Accelemymote: make your accelerometer more joy-ful

Last edited by Flandry; 2010-01-03 at 05:35.

The Following User Says Thank You to Flandry For This Useful Post:
Thanks for the advice, will wait for the extra repository.

regards

Larry

Originally Posted by Flandry View Post
Hey, that's a pretty sweet bejeweled clone.

Tangigi, it's in Extras-devel. Be warned that that means it's untested, possibly flawed software that could cause you trouble. It is optified, meaning it won't fill up your root filesystem. Beyond that, it didn't cause my N900 to burst into flames during, ahem, "testing".

Here's a bit about why you should use the repository instead of a deb to install apps.

PS I love, loooove the new autobuilder server. It took about as long as it took me to make this post for the server to build the package and notify me.
[2010-01-03 07:10:03] Processing package gweled 0.3.2-1. Uploader: flandry, builder: builder2
[2010-01-03 07:11:09] gweled 0.3.2-1 has been queued for loading into fremantle extras-devel repository
Thanks, it works really well!
I have uninstalled bejeweled right after the first game
The only thing that annoys me currently is that I cannot turn off all the sounds. If I hit the button at the lower left corner only the music stop but not the sound effects. I would like to play the game without and music and sounds but without using the volume buttons.
Could you please make it possible to play gweled without any sounds?
Thanks

Originally Posted by tangigi View Post
Thanks for the advice, will wait for the extra repository.

regards

Larry
You are welcome to wait, but it may be a while before it reaches Extras. I'll post here when i promote it to -Testing and maybe you can test it?

Originally Posted by DaSilva View Post
Thanks, it works really well!
I have uninstalled bejeweled right after the first game
The only thing that annoys me currently is that I cannot turn off all the sounds. If I hit the button at the lower left corner only the music stop but not the sound effects. I would like to play the game without and music and sounds but without using the volume buttons.
Could you please make it possible to play gweled without any sounds?
Thanks
Yeah, ok. Get the new version.

You're welcome.

I think this is done so i'll promote it to -Testing.
Attached Images

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?

Last edited by Flandry; 2010-01-06 at 01:37.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Flandry For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Gweled is awesome, so first of all a big thanks to the author for taking the time to make it!!!
The only thing that is still missing to make it perfect (for me anyways) is a way to pause the game since I love playing in timed mode.

Originally Posted by sgleo87 View Post
Gweled is awesome, so first of all a big thanks to the author for taking the time to make it!!!
The only thing that is still missing to make it perfect (for me anyways) is a way to pause the game since I love playing in timed mode.
LOL you couldn't have asked for that yesterday before i modified the background image and added the code for the mute? :P

Actually, allowing a pause while visible is sort of violating the point of the timed game. Next time i have time to look at it, i'll see about pausing automatically when the app is out of sight, or covering the board during the pause.

Too bad the original devel isn't active on this, he had a better idea what was going on.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Flandry: I didn't even think about that but you're absolutely right: the board needs to be covered when you pause the game so it is not as simple as just adding a pause button.

Thanks for improving this game and programming for the community. We really appreciate it!

So, i looked into this.

There's not really a point in a "pause" feature because the game is automatically saved whenever you quit, and automatically reloaded whenever you start. Startup takes almost no time, so that process is going to be the "pause".

What i did do is make it so that it's easier to quit--fixing the quit button to work all the time and mapping Backspace to quit--and made the process automatic when the window loses focus and you are in a timed game.

The new version is being built and i will promote it to -testing as soon as it shows up. That means that i consider it ready for end users. It's up to the testers to verify that is true.

If you are willing to be a tester, please read about the Extras-Testing repo and make sure the package meets the criteria in the QA Checklist. The testing version should be available within a few hours at this link (the promotion server is reaaalllly slow still).

Edit: Ha, it promoted in almost no time today, but hasn't showed up yet in -Testing. These servers are like the weather in Boston: if it's not to your liking this minute, wait until the next...

Last edited by Flandry; 2010-01-05 at 19:58.