Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by sakya View Post
You're right. I disabled the bonus in the book (update book 6).
Or maybe "0 + 3" should be considered as "10 + 3" (in combat 0 == 10 but every value > 10 is considered 10).
Hm, I think that actually adding to combat skill (as for every other weapon in combat mode) is better idea. OTOH,:

if at any time you should pick a 0 from the Random Number Table when using the bow, the Jakan will break.
Frankly, I have no idea what to think about it anymore. What the hell is Jakan, by the way? Bowstring?

If yes, it complicate a hell lotta things. This way, 0, which is best in combat, becomes worst (?) while using bow. Still, +3 to random roll due to weaponmastery protect us from that, so, maybe, after all, version before latest update (bonus to roll, lack of bonus to combat skill) was right, after all?

If it's not bowstring, scrap above praragraph and teach poor Estel, as I can't find translation for Jakan anywhere.

The text does not say that you cannot use your mindblast/psi-surge discipline. I'm not sure it is actually correct to disable them.
The text also doesn't sayd that we can't use shields :P but we already decided it is good to disable them, for logic's sake. Mindblast/psi-surge hurts opponent directly, not target dummies we're aiming at with our arrows. Not pushing you to do anything, obviously, but I see it as same absurd, as with shield (we can't use them, cause he is not shotting at us, we can't use mindblast, as we're not shotting at him).
---

New bugs delivery:
Book 6
Page 98:
Minnor issue - we can't buy arrows if we have 5/6, as arrows are sold in packs of 2, for 1 crown a pack. I think in such special case, it would be ok to pay for 2 and just lose 1 (ending up with 6/6).

Page 156: After winning deadly battle with rusty door (lol! wanna see message that appears, if we die there), "go to next page" button is glitched, it shows some <string> message, probably related to endurance->resistance visual transformation.

Book 7 (finally!):
"Story so far" - aka opening page - is copy/paste from book 6, throwing us into unknown origin's situation at page 1.

Page 182: If we retrieve sword via rope and lasso option, we don't get it as item (can't say for nexus, as I didn't have it, but probably sword is missing likewise). It's quite critical, as we're weaponless at the moment, and it's required for both fights and plot elements, afterwards.

Page 100: Riddle is mising, so we can't solve it (BTW it is the moment when - after failing riddle - either we have sword from 182 and push lever using it, or we die, unconditionaly).

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 533 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Italy
Uploaded version 0.1.25
Changelog:
* Fixed script function MainWindow.AddItemToPlayer
* ShopWindow: drop items in the section (instead of discard)

Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Frankly, I have no idea what to think about it anymore. What the hell is Jakan, by the way? Bowstring?
It's a bow:
the Jakan is a longbow used by the coastal fishermen of Vassagonia. It is ideally suited to the hunting of barbidahn and squid that live in the shallows and reefs of Barrakeesh, but it is a very poor target bow. In addition to this handicap, the particular bow that you have chosen has a hairline fracture running along its entire length and could well break at any moment.
Mindblast/psi-surge hurts opponent directly, not target dummies we're aiming at with our arrows.
Disabled in the book.

Page 98:[/b] Minnor issue - we can't buy arrows if we have 5/6, as arrows are sold in packs of 2, for 1 crown a pack. I think in such special case, it would be ok to pay for 2 and just lose 1 (ending up with 6/6).
I'll fix this, thanks.

Book 7 (finally!):
"Story so far" - aka opening page - is copy/paste from book 6, throwing us into unknown origin's situation at page 1.

Page 182: If we retrieve sword via rope and lasso option, we don't get it as item (can't say for nexus, as I didn't have it, but probably sword is missing likewise). It's quite critical, as we're weaponless at the moment, and it's required for both fights and plot elements, afterwards.

Page 100: Riddle is mising, so we can't solve it (BTW it is the moment when - after failing riddle - either we have sword from 182 and push lever using it, or we die, unconditionaly).
Fixed.

Last edited by sakya; 2013-09-03 at 08:08.

The Following User Says Thank You to sakya For This Useful Post:
My battery decided to say "goodnight" just when I was restarting book, at the "choose bonus discipline" phase. Now, when I try to load save, I get:

Code:
Error loading book:
/opt/lonewolf/books/00/00.xml
Followed by:

Code:
Error loading last saved position.
Judging by message, I suspect, that book+page got saved wrong way, due to unusual moment when program terminated. You may want to implement some sanity check for it, if possible. BTW, is there a way to "recover" my save, by editing parts of save file (book and page)?

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
-
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
BTW, is there a way to "recover" my save, by editing parts of save file (book and page)?
Sure.
You can edit your savegame.
It's
Code:
/home/user/.config/sakya/LoneWolf.ini
to set book and section edit the first lines:
Code:
[General]
book=9
section=114
Or you can copy the save made at the beginning of the book .
In the same path you can find the save at the beginning of every book
Code:
/home/user/.config/sakya/LoneWolf_X.ini
Just copy the file /home/user/.config/sakya/LoneWolf_7.ini (I think you were restarting book 7) over /home/user/.config/sakya/LoneWolf.ini

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sakya For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,417 | Thanked: 2,619 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Touring
Just curious how the system works, but often we are presented with some food available to pick up on the quest, I can eat two meals in a row to open some backpack room and then the next turn I am warned to eat a meal or loose points. Are the required eating or loose hit points in the story just part of the script or are they turn based since last meal?

Originally Posted by biketool View Post
Are the required eating or loose hit points in the story just part of the script or are they turn based since last meal?
You must eat just when the original text says so.

The Following User Says Thank You to sakya For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Hey, working my way through the first books again. Found a new bug: in book 3, page 49, you fall into a crevasse, and are supposed to lose your backpack. However, it is still available...

Also, on page 295 (same book), you find a small freshly-cooked animal and eat it. On the following page (132), the text mentions that "unless you have just eaten a meal, you lose 3 endurance points". It certainly seems to imply that the cooked animal was a meal, though I'm not absolutely certain.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Sure.
You can edit your savegame.
It's
Code:
/home/user/.config/sakya/LoneWolf.ini
to set book and section edit the first lines:
Code:
[General]
book=9
section=114
Or you can copy the save made at the beginning of the book .
In the same path you can find the save at the beginning of every book
Code:
/home/user/.config/sakya/LoneWolf_X.ini
Just copy the file /home/user/.config/sakya/LoneWolf_7.ini (I think you were restarting book 7) over /home/user/.config/sakya/LoneWolf.ini
Now, I don't think if it's reproducible, or effect of voodoo computing, but, it turned out, that reason for my error (and result of killing lonewolf4m at point of choicing bonus discipline at book start) is that *both* my LoneWolf.ini and LoneWolf_8.ini got content like that:

Code:
!<arch>
debian-binary   1378062614  0     0     100644  4         `
control.tar.gz  1378062614  0     0     100644  1810      `
‹
Now, at first, I thought that it is filesystem corruption, and that file entry point to another file as result of it... But, checked everything, and filesystem is perfectly healthy (I can also manipulate those 2 files as I please, so it is not I/O error). It seems that, somehow, both saves got *delibatery* overwritten with this content, probably something from shared memory (?).

No big deal - I'll just restore from book 7 and replay both books - but, it's strange, nevertheless.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
-
-

Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
One more item from me -- book 4, page 333, you have a single round to engage an oncoming horseman, after which there are three options; however, all three assume the horseman survives. I somehow rolled a 0 which was enough to remove all of the guy's endurance points. This might be a bug in the original book though, so I don't know if it can be fixed...

The Following User Says Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post
One more item from me -- book 4, page 333, you have a single round to engage an oncoming horseman, after which there are three options; however, all three assume the horseman survives. I somehow rolled a 0 which was enough to remove all of the guy's endurance points. This might be a bug in the original book though, so I don't know if it can be fixed...
Hehe, I remember mentioning this some pages ago - in extreme cases, he can kill you on foot, after you have killed him and his horse in one swift blow.

Book bug, sadly, Joe never expected that you will be such badass
---

New delivery of bugs (Book 8):

Page 201 - many items listed as pickable, none available.
Page 321 - Silver bags listed as pickable, none available. Now, I know that all wealth in lone wolf is red herring (I actually had 2 diamonds "worth thousands of corons" each, none ever find any use in game, so far...), but still.

Cheers,
/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
-
-

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post: