Poll: How much would you be willing to pay for a Neo900 (complete device) with TI DM3730 1GHz/512M-RAM/1GB
Poll Options
How much would you be willing to pay for a Neo900 (complete device) with TI DM3730 1GHz/512M-RAM/1GB

Posts: 283 | Thanked: 276 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ uk or @Pai,Mae Hong Son, Thailand
According to this:-
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...52&postcount=2

The N900 microphone input is mono,
what will be the case for the Neo900? I am aware that the line-in
is planned to be stereo..

Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
Originally Posted by macey View Post
According to this:-
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...52&postcount=2

The N900 microphone input is mono,
what will be the case for the Neo900? I am aware that the line-in
is planned to be stereo..
The OMTP wired headset connector specs define
tip: left headphone out
2nd: right headphone out
3rd: mono mic (also used as Video out on N900)
4th/base/sleeve: common Ground

This is what's used in N900 and also in Neo900. But Neo900 allows to switch the headphone out (1, 2) to a line-in function. Probably we will include a switchable boost amp to allow connecting stereo microphone instead of line-in - though that's not yet finalized.

cheers
jOERG

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 283 | Thanked: 276 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ uk or @Pai,Mae Hong Son, Thailand
Originally Posted by joerg_rw View Post
......... Probably we will include a switchable boost amp to allow connecting stereo microphone instead of line-in .......
Would be great..... for me..

The Following User Says Thank You to macey For This Useful Post:
Will the new neo900 include also a mobile lawn mower and a mini disk washer?

I would also like a cigarette lighter.
During my trips a mobile shaver could be very useful.

If you include a little laundry machine the neo900 would surely be my preferred device.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to gerdich For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
With USB-OTG there are really no limits:

USB cigarette lighter
USB shaver

For the rest, please see here and here.

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 915 | Thanked: 3,209 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Germany
A question concerning the spacer frame:
Since it's an additional piece of hardware it's an additional potential point of failure.

I tend to carry my N900 in my Jeans' side pocket which is rather tight (at least if you put a 2cm brick in it).
So far my N900 managed the stress (primarily pressure and sheer force) without any problems.
I'm no expert in materials science at all, so could someone please give an estimate on how the spacer frame might react to the same treatment, with respect to its material, shape (thin ring of plastic?) and mounting points?

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sulu For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sulu View Post
A question concerning the spacer frame:
Since it's an additional piece of hardware it's an additional potential point of failure.

I tend to carry my N900 in my Jeans' side pocket which is rather tight (at least if you put a 2cm brick in it).
So far my N900 managed the stress (primarily pressure and sheer force) without any problems.
I'm no expert in materials science at all, so could someone please give an estimate on how the spacer frame might react to the same treatment, with respect to its material, shape (thin ring of plastic?) and mounting points?
The spacer is not exposed to particular pressure and sheer force, the two halves of Neo900 are connected via the 4 screws that hold the display sitting tightly on washers basically, which shall work even without any spacer frame at all. The only mechanical stress to the spacer frame is when you directly push on it, which isn't likely to happen given it's only some 2 mm high.

Your concern regarding device mechanical stability at large though is reasonable, and we need to take care that the display half will actually be mounted in a sturdy way to the kbd half

cheers
jOERG

Last edited by joerg_rw; 2014-02-05 at 00:59.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:
some news about the problematic display-connectors: they are not problematic anymore :-D

The Following 26 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:
So, if you guys are willing accept bitcoin, I may just invest 1 whole coin into this project, assuming the price rebounds from the crash that just occured (which it more than likely will, for various reasons, that I won't explain here)

That's $800USD.
So look into accepting Bitcoin, as well as Litecoin, it may get you more funding.

Originally Posted by ShadowOfScales View Post
So, if you guys are willing accept bitcoin, I may just invest 1 whole coin into this project, assuming the price rebounds from the crash that just occured (which it more than likely will, for various reasons, that I won't explain here)

That's $800USD.
So look into accepting Bitcoin, as well as Litecoin, it may get you more funding.
Sorry the shop can't accept bitcoins. But I'd appreciate when you contact Sebastian aka dos1, or read http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...99#post1407199

Many thanks for your support!
/jOERG

Last edited by joerg_rw; 2014-02-09 at 11:02.

Tags
neo900, thank you!