Active Topics

Notices

Hi all,

I'm the author of AirSail Transfer.

Today I announce the limited public release of my new application, SailSync ownCloud.

SailSync ownCloud is an ownCloud (and NextCloud) synchronisation client that makes use of the official ownCloud synchronisation tool (`owncloudcmd`).

I've tested the application using my Nextcloud server and personal data, and after some testing by the TMO community -- I'm confident enough to release the application to the public.

About

SailSync ownCloud is an application for synchronising files between your SailfishOS mobile device, and your ownCloud (or NextCloud) server instance.

SailSync ownCloud project website.

Features
  • Uses official `owncloudcmd` (ownCloud synchronisation command line tool) to synchronise files
  • Directory-level granularity over which local directories and remote ownCloud directories you wish to synchronise
  • Manually trigger a synchronisation between a local and remote directory
  • Manually trigger synchronisation of all configured sets of local and remote directories
  • Tested with NextCloud server v13

Screenshots

Install

SailSync ownCloud can be installed from the OpenRepos application store.

Code

SailSync ownCloud is Free and Open-source Software licensed under the terms of the zlib License.

The SailSync ownCloud source code can be found in the SailSync ownCloud git repository.

Bug reports and feedback

Please submit bug reports and feedback via email. My email address can be found on the right-hand side of the
SailSync ownCloud project website.

Last edited by 6uvNPR; 2018-12-20 at 08:43. Reason: Full public release (OpenRepos release)

The Following 25 Users Say Thank You to 6uvNPR For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 199 | Thanked: 264 times | Joined on May 2009 @ turku, finland
thanks for your work on making it easier to sync files from a nextcloud instance with your sailfish device!
personally i would find it useful to have an app / deamon automatically uploading (but not syncing) files to a nextcloud server. particularly i would want to upload my photos automatically to a folder on a nextcloud server, and automatically stored in subfolder according to date taken. this is something the android nextcloud client does, but it does not work reliably on sailfishos.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to edgar2 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,092 | Thanked: 4,995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ beautiful cave
There is already an app called GhostCloud which can backup automatically your photos. There is also a setting, that the backup only happens when you are connected to a Wlan Network. Very useful in my opinion maybe @6uvNPR could add that to his application as well?

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Fellfrosch For This Useful Post:
Posts: 14 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Feb 2014 @ Germany
Hello 6uvNPR,

unfortunately, no path to Nextcloud can be specified in the input line for the server URL. I have now added it for me in line 297 of the file:

/usr/share/harbour-io.edin.projects.sailsync-owncloud/sailsync.py

Ronny

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ronny_b For This Useful Post:
Posts: 562 | Thanked: 1,732 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ NYC
Would be awesome to have this work on the n900. But from what I understand it's the kernel and bits that won't support it.

Thanks for supporting both nextcloud and sailfish with your dev skills.

Cheers
x

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xman For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ronny_b View Post
unfortunately, no path to Nextcloud can be specified in the input line for the server URL. I have now added it for me in line 297 of the file:

/usr/share/harbour-io.edin.projects.sailsync-owncloud/sailsync.py

Ronny
Thank you ronny_b. The issue (and another similar issue) have been fixed in 0.8.1 and 0.8.2 respectively.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 6uvNPR For This Useful Post:
Posts: 562 | Thanked: 1,732 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ NYC
@6uvNPR

Just started playing around with a PinePhone with sailfish and was trying to use your app, but I can't seem to input my owncloud dir path.

And tips to get his running

Edit: Turnout it works fine wih current version of own/next Cloud. My version happens to be a bit too old. Its using an api "ocs" to check the path, which doesn't seem to be backward compatibility.

x

Last edited by xman; 2020-11-27 at 14:55.

The Following User Says Thank You to xman For This Useful Post: