Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by edrex View Post
I'm debootstrapping now. Assuming all goes well, how can I help with testing wireless?
mkdir -p /usr/lib/hotplug/firmware and copy the files in there on initfs to the deblet partition. Reboot.

edit /etc/network/interfaces, and ifup wlan0 and see how it works..

You -must- use a insecure router for now for testing. Use MAC address filtering or something. WPA support will come later.
As you go on to other communities, remember to build them around politeness, respect, trust and humility. Be wary of poisonous people and deal with them before they end up killing your community.. Seen it happen to too many IRC channels, forums, open source projects.

Last edited by Stskeeps; 2008-10-02 at 10:16. Reason: Gah, completely wrong information.

I had corruption issues debootstrapping on the tablet, so I did it with my Ubuntu Laptop. Nice shortcut if it works out, took just a few minutes.

Does it matter what initfs is flashed? I just reflashed with os2008_HE (chinook) since I lost ability to boot somehow (likely unrelated).

I get a segmentation fault whenever I try to run
Code:
chroot /mnt/deblet mount /proc /proc -t proc
or
Code:
chroot /mnt/deblet mount -t devpts none /dev/pts
(based on wiki instructions)

Any ideas?

We tried on OS2006 originally, and is swap enabled still? (swapon). The whole HE thing may mess up things
As you go on to other communities, remember to build them around politeness, respect, trust and humility. Be wary of poisonous people and deal with them before they end up killing your community.. Seen it happen to too many IRC channels, forums, open source projects.

Also, did you make sure to use --foreign and stuff for the debootstrap? and debootstrap --second-stage on the chroot?

What kind of corruption did you experience?

The Following User Says Thank You to Stskeeps For This Useful Post:
it seems that my debootstrap wasn't complete (apt-get wasn't there), guessing that's why mount chokes. Will keep trying. Corrupt ext3 fs happened the first time,

2008 is way too unstable for this. I'm using mistral (2006) now. I've had every kind of corruption

I'm still making progress, will post an improved version of your forum post instructions on the wiki as an alt method (works much better for me)

I have a bad mmc mobile card. going to have to wait for a new one to ship. will be back in a week or so

Posts: 356 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Finland
I'll have to buy a 2 gb card and try this out. Just to make sure, can I still use os2006 in 770, so debian is on mmc and double booting still exists?

Originally Posted by mrp View Post
I'll have to buy a 2 gb card and try this out. Just to make sure, can I still use os2006 in 770, so debian is on mmc and double booting still exists?
Yes, it's dual booting through bootmenu.

Posts: 356 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Finland
If I try Deblet on a new MMC can I still boot to my HE2007, in my present mmc (change cards of course), using the same boot menu, or do I have to flash 770 again? E.g MMPC does not work on OS2006, so I still neeed HE2007. 770 is my only IT, so I have to keep it functional untill the next (hopefully 3G) version launch

Tags
debian, deblet, deblet 770 experiment