Active Topics

I'm looking for about the same thing, now; specifically starting with /home. I know that's not the generic Linux file structure. I want to see what the file structure was before I started messing around with it.
While this thread seems to have helped, it doesn't point out any file tree the someone could read. I'm looking for the original file tree, but specifically from /home on down.
Any responce is appreciated.

Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
The answer is in the post just before yours.
Originally Posted by ruskie View Post
BTW as for accessing the bin file once you unpack it with the flasher you can losetup loop0 binfile ; mount /dev/loop0 /somewhere and you can access it.
use the flasher with the '-u' flag on a computer

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

Posts: 862 | Thanked: 2,511 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Germany
Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
The answer is in the post just before yours.
This method is not working with the latest mmc firmware file. Also it should have three partitions and maybe you need to have an offset value.

I get a "Mac OS" folder and autorun.inf file. In the folder there are 0kb files named like: Documents Images Sounds Videos.

But there should be a vfat partition which gets mounted to mydocs and a ext3 partition which gets mounted on home and a swap partition.

Maybe you could mount them with a offset value but the first partition looks like some informations about usb storage?

In principle when this information part would be not there, the offsets for the 3 partitions are:

fat32: 32768
ext3: 28995256320
linux-swap(v1): 31142739968

0xFFFF reports blocksize for ext3 is 2048 and for the swap it is 768

With parted you can't see a partition table in the file and with the offset values I can't mount something. I don't have a clue maybe someone else?

Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Not really, too long ago.
But I remeber that there was something like
either N900-flasher could not unpack
or only the N9-flasher could or vice versa or something.
So possibly also 0xffff cannot unpack too?
Or it was like yoi said newer firmware images are not handled.
I really vannot remember.

Just try with the.N9 flasher once more...

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

Originally Posted by Halftux View Post
I get a "Mac OS" folder and autorun.inf file. In the folder there are 0kb files named like: Documents Images Sounds Videos.
Yep, those used to be there. Did you unpack the original file tree? If so, can you send me the file list as a text file?

Originally Posted by bradvesp View Post
Did you unpack the original file tree? If so, can you send me the file list as a text file?
Not really what I mounted is the vfat (fat32) partition, so the content from MyDocs, which is as good as nothing. So I guess the rest in MyDocs will be created during first boot.
So I unpacked from the firmware a bin file which should have 3 partitions. I need to figure out how to mount the second partition from that file.
I think the more interesting part for you is the ext3 home partition, which is the second one. So I need a right offset value to get the home path. But the file has no readable partition table, also it has only the contents of the MyDocs partition and not a dd of the whole one. The unpacked file has a size of about 246mb.
Or could it be that the home partition is empty in the flash file, need to think about it? But at the moment I have no access to fresh flashed one, maybe next days.

The rootfs file was tricky because it is ubi file system, but is well documented here in the forum, I could mount it too.
I would like to document it on the wiki, when I have all file lists.
But anyway it would be nice to look on a fresh flashed device to see which files get created during first boot.

For unpacking the firmware both the 0xFFFF and the maemo flasher are working. But it could be that maybe older firmware had seperated bins for each partition.

The Following User Says Thank You to Halftux For This Useful Post:
Here the files from the fat32 partition which I extracted from the firmware image.

mydocs.tar.gz